List of Messages in the Database (since 2000)
Database index page
Contribute a message to be included in the database
by signing the Guest Book or sending a message
The O'Hara Guestbook
Letters to the Editor
Submit a Message
Here are all the "Contemporaries" messages in our database:
3. Hi wouldn`t it be great to have one giant bar-b-q,and I thought it would be neat if O`Hara`s jazz bistro, in Fort lauderdale fla.would have an e-mail site so we could order the golf shirts, and ball caps that he advertised!!oh well can`t win em all,maybe if I ever visit there i`ll buy some for the family,their all prud of their name or maybe better still I`ll go into the t-shirt business,and advertise them on this site looks pretty lucrative to me!!I live in Petawawa Ontario Canada,which is two hours drive north of Ottawa the capital of Canada, and just discovered that there was a family of O`Hara`s in Pembroke Ontario, 10 mils down the road, I`m also happy to mention that I was born on the Glorious day,long live the O`Hara`s, Patrick O`Hara.
by Patrick O'Hara
4. Great to see a clan page. I met Dermot Ohara at Annaghmore House in Sligo a few years ago. They hold there the clan artifacts, like the original of The Book of OHara, and the clan drinking vessel. I suggested he do something to gather the clan, but he is a shy retiring man, who dutifully informed me that he was really a Cooper. When Charles Keane, his Great grandfather died, he did so without heirs, so he left Annaghmore estate to his sisters son, provided that he change his name from Cooper to Ohara ! There is another stately house called Coopers Hill of the main Slig rd, and owned by William OHara. I met his mother, dear old lady, who tells me that they take visiting gurests if anyone is in the area researching their roots. I'm a past managing Director of an American multinational, which had one of its factories in Donrgal.... and a British plc, now practising as a Management Accountant and tax Practitioner from manchester , u.k. Dad was Patrick Syvester from cloonacool in co sligo. vivan g ohara
by Viv Gervaise O'Hara
5. Message removed by webmaster
15. My name is mitchell O'Hara and my grandma is gerry O'Hara.
by Mitchell O'Hara
16. i am an o'hara from birmingham,england, but i was born in killkenny and have lots of family in mayo. its good to no that theres a lot of good people walking around with the same name as me!! farewell my fellow o'haras liam o'hara.
by liam o'hara
22. Hello! I hope every thing is O.k. I am from Honduras Central America, and I want that you to tell me if you know about the family of my great grand father, Patrick O'Hara. I just know that he came to Honduras to work for a mining company cia, and that he fought in some war, and I want to know if he have another family in some place, because his son (my grand father) is still alive (his name is Juan O'Hara); our family in Honduras is very well and there are a lot of us; I hope you read my mail and answer soon. Please excuse my English, Spanish is my mother tongue Reniery José O'Hara Castro
by Reniery José O'Hara Castro
26. Thank you for your O'Hara information !
My husband, Timothy O'Hara was an all american lacrosse player at Syracuse University in the 70's. He held the record of most points scored for 18 years. I thought maybe you would be interested. The present SU lax coach, John Desko, would have all the stats and details if this is an interest to you. have a great day..again, thank you!
by Kristen O'Hara
42. It's good to be Irish in Canada. I'm tring to find A Sean O'hara who was married to Marica latty in mobay JA in 1974. I could really need the help on this web page. thank you.
by Patrick O'hara
43. I am from Letterkenny Co. Donegal Ireland and have lived in Chicago for over 30 years. I am a professional singer. I have currently two CD's. One is titled "Home from the Sea" and the other is a Christmas CD. When our great mayor of Chicago died we composed and recorded "Tribute to Richard J. Daley which is still my own favorite. I am married with three great children.
by Frank O'Hara
47. Hello Jim,
My name is John O'Hara. I am 35 yrs. old. My grandparents were Michael O'Hara (1889-1967) and Margaret Nagle (1891-1965). Both are right from Ireland and came here prior to 1916 when their first son was born. I would like to know more on both sides of my grandparents.
I am married with five children: two boys and three girls. Two are twins, Amber Lynn and Heather Lynn, and they were born May 1, 2001. My first child Stephanie Kay was born December 24, 1995 - I lost my only son Daniel Owen, the day of his birth, April 25, 2000 which was one week before his due date. My step sons are Joshua (born April 30, 1992) and Matthew (born August 30, 1994).
There are no twins on my mother's side or on my wife's side either. This is one reason why I want to learn about my roots: because my son and twins have to be very special. By the way we live in Bradford, Pennsylvania, home of the zippo lighter,and case knives. I hope you can help me. I dont even know what part of Ireland they came from. Hope to here from you soon.
A friend always
by john ohara
59. I stumbled across this site by accident, and thought I would add to the O'Harability as it were. I am an author living in New York. Type "Christopher B. O'Hara" into Amazon to check out the latest books. Cheers! Address (url): chrisohara.com Webmaster's follow-up: You can also find a list of Christopher B. O'Hara's books on this site by clicking on the following link: http://oharas.com/directory/nonliteraryauthors.html..
by Christopher B. O'Hara
63. Can't believe there are so many O'Hara's outside Ireland! Born and still live in Northern Ireland. Father is Quinton O'Hara, mother Maria- Patrica O'Hara, both born in Belfast in the 1950's.
by Victoria Patricia O'Hara
68. Great web site! I am 21 years old, from Dublin, Ireland. My father is Lt. Col William O'Hara (army officer in Dublin), born Cootehall, Boyle, County Roscommon. He was born on 28/02/51 and married Cecily O'Brien (general nurse in Dublin) on 10/08/74. I have 1 brother, Lt. Niall O'Hara (born 25/04/78 - army officer in Curragh, Kildare) and two sisters Caitriona (born 30/10/79, now computer technician in Dublin) and Andrea (born 31/5/76, now children's nurse in Dublin). I am moving to London now to work for HSBC Bank. I have just graduated from Dublin City University.
by Liam O'Hara
I was reading your page about the Titanic (http://www.oharas.de/TitanicOhara.html) and Monica O'Hara's book, about her "death" on it. I'd like to contact Monica O'Hara, or her husband, Joe Keeton. You haven't any contact details have you?. I've done web searches found nothing!
Sorry I don't have a contact address. I did web searches too and found one page repeatedly turning up: The Titanic Book Site.Com (http://www.titanicbooksite.com/author%20pages/OharaMonica.html). It appears that her name is Monica (Harding) O'Hara-Keeton. Other books by Monica O'Hara and Joe Keeton are found at the following link (http://www.addall.com/Browse/Detail/0709061471.html). Perhaps you could try contacting the publishers.
Regards, James O'Hara
by Michael Bird
72. Hi Jim,
It's nice to see that the site is interactive. I am afraid that I am not very big into Geneology so I can't help you very much with the history of the O'Hara's in Co. Laois. All I know is that my Grandfather came from Bodyke in Co. Clare sometime around the start of the 20th Centuary. He had retired as a Sergant in The Royal irish Constabulary and he bought a small Hotel in the little village of Ballinakill. He had 11 children ( now all deceased ) and I do know that there was another family of O'Hara's in the village of Ballinakill who were not related ( That family have died out.) I have checked out the local telephone directory and besides myself there are five other O'Hara entries in Co. Laois.
I just wonder if I would make it into the Section of O'Hara's in Military Service with the following entry. Gerry O'Hara ( B. 1948) Enlisted in An Forsa Cosanta Aitiul ( Local Defence Force ) in 1968. Commissioned in 1976. Attained the rank of Commandant ( Major) and appointed Company Commander; F. Coy. 9th. Infantry Battalion in 1998.
Very best Regards,
by Gerry O'Hara
74. Hello Jim
I am passing on your website addy to my husbands' uncle, John O'Hara, who does all of the genealogy for the family. My maternal grandmother, Ruth Chaulk, had O'Hara ancestors 4 generations back. So my husband and I are kissing cousins, I expect. We live in rural northern Idaho on 10 acres. I am a beauty consultant for MaryKay Cosmetics and Ed drives a semi truck. We have 6 children, Mary, Brigid, Eddy, Shane, Erin and Mia. The kids and I are reading through your website this evening and enjoying it immensely. Keep up the good work! Take care,
by Kathy O'Hara
I need help in finding family in Ireland if I still have any. I realy have no idea when or if my family came from Ireland. Some family members names are.... Abe, Elmer, Frank, Fred, Pansy, Richard and John. They where from Massachusetts and Canada, which is all I know. I am 37, my dad is John and my grandfather is Richard. He would be in his 80's if still alive PLEASE HELP me if you can.
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!
by Bruce O'Hara
87. Hi !
I'm Kevin O'Hara, a 37 year old playwright and Artistic Director of a theatre company based in Halifax, Yorkshire, UK.
The website for my theatre company, telling you what I'm up to is: Antic Mind (http://www.anticmind.com/);
my email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good to see a real O'Hara site. Nice one !!
Webmaster's comment: Links to Kevin's theatre company can be found on the pages Directors (http://oharas.com/directory/directors.html), Playwrights (http://oharas.com/directory/playwrights.html), and UK (http://oharas.com/directory/uk.html) at this web site.
by Kevin O'Hara
95. Gerard O'Hara Bathgate West Lothian Scotland.
by Ged O'Hara
102. My name is Dennis O'Hara. 57 years old. Born in 1946, Bermondsey, S.E. London. Sister - Maureen Theresa O'Hara. Brother John Dennis O'Hara.
by Dennis O'Hara
105. I live in Otego, New York. I'd like to say Hello to all fellow O'Hara's, and I'd like to see an O'Hara reunion started!
by Terrance O'Hara
107. Hi - great site!
Hello from the O'Hara family of South Jersey U.S.A.
The Greatest Family Name there is! My Family: Martin Anthony, Sean Michael, Kristine Marie, and Wife Christine.
Visit my site: WWW.OHARA.BZ
Good Luck and keep up the great work!
I wanted to add some information, My Father was a pretty big radio personality, news anchor and had a pretty big Role in the Film "What's so bad about feeling good" I think it is from around 53. He has been deeply rooted in the NYC area for quite sometime. You may be able to find out a lot of info on his past jobs - roles, etc. His name is Martin O'Hara - I know he held a DJ job for many many years on WNEW AM, had News anchor positions in both NYC and Philadelphia - and the movie role.
by Sean O'Hara
112. Hello there!
I have just stumbled across your website, and am fascinated. I am an O'Hara, Patrick by first name, and now live in Leeds, England. I am a retired BBC producer, journalist. Wonderful site!
by Pat O'Hara
My name is Chrsitopher O'Hara and would like to find out how to be listed in the data base. There are 5 of us living in NJ and Fl. The names are:
Michael J. O'Hara (originally Co. Leitrim)
Elizabeth McCarrick O'Hara (originally Co. Sligo)
Michael P. O'Hara (currently Fl)
Colum O'Hara (NJ)
Hopefully this information will help. If you have any questions don't hesitate to write.
by Christopher O'Hara
124. My name is Kathy O'Hara, would like to hear from any O'Hara's that are related to George O'Hara in New Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada.
by Katherine O'Hara
126. Dear O'Hara's,
I am wondering if there are any O'Hara family gatherings being organised at the moment, and if so where and when?
I would also like to suggest the idea of organising an O'Hara family gathering in Ireland. Would people be interested in attending and/or participating in this?
I come from County Carlow in Ireland and myself and my brother, Seamus O'Hara, run a small brewery there. Our main product is of course, O'Hara's Celtic Stout (http://www.carlowbrewing.com/).
My idea for a family gathering is to get as many O'Hara's together as possible and to celebrate the skills and contributios of O'Hara to the world. This could include O'Hara art exhibitions, literary events, business seminars, political debates, food fairs, etc..
If anyone thinks this is a good idea, and is interested in discussing it further please let me know. Obviously I would hope that our brewery would get some publicity from this (I am an O'Hara after all!).
Webmaster's comment: Check out also O'Hara products and brand names (http://oharas.com/directory/products.html) at this site.
by Eamon O'Hara
129. Hey OHara's, I kind of stumbled across this website. Totally cool. I am a 31 year old living in New York City. Shout out to all the O'Haras across the world.
by Chris O'Hara
135. Dear email@example.com,
For Gilles O'Hara, I'm looking for his gggrand father, Thomas O'Hara and his wife Rose Grant, married around 1858, who came to Canada in 1872 (noted in Canadian census 1901) with children James-Bernard (born 1859), John-Thomas, Mary and John.
Gilles is going to visit his ancestral land in September. Where is he going to go?...
Thank's for informations!
by Bernard Lebeuf
137. Hello Everyone!
I was born in Dublin, Ireland but currently live in Oakville, Ontario Canada. I have lived all over the world with my husband's job & am thrilled to find this website.
by Deborah (O'Hara) Matteazzi
138. I did not realise there were so many O'Hara's. Unfortunately I don't know any of my ancestors. My mother was an orphan from Banagher, Co. Offaly and I know nothing about my fathers family. (Big secret!). But it's great to know that there are so many potential relatives.
by Anthony O'Hara
143. Dear firstname.lastname@example.org,
My Grandfather was John O'Hara (O'Harra) born Sabina Ohio, near Washington Courthouse in 1840. My Mother Genevieve born in Columbus Ohio 1894. Then lived in Lancaster, Cleveland Ohio and Huntington W.Va. I live in Hamilton Ohio. I have History on O'Hara,Kiernan and Donahue.
Joseph O'Hara Brandabur M.D.
by Joseph O'Hara Brandabur M.D.
144. Hi, my name is Angela Roache but my grandmothers name was Alice O'Hora ( O'Hara in US). Dont know much about my american relations but would love to find out any thing.
by Angela Roache
145. Dear email@example.com,
I stumbled on this site looking for a crest for our Family reunion and there was a link from arthur.ohara.net! Its great. I came from a Charles O'Hara branch who adventured in the Philippines and meet my Spanish Grandma there. My father's name is Harvey, 3rd of 5 siblings. My Grandpa was also married to a Filipina before my Grandma and had three kids. The O'Hara family from this branch (Charles) is celebrating a reunion May 23/04 and we're looking to have 150 folks on this side here in Naperville, IL USA.
Keep up the Great Work!
by Floyd O'Hara
148. I am James F. O'Hara, son of James Hugh, son of James Richard, son of Hugh James (He being born in the "auld sod" we're not sure where). All gone but me, all of Pittsburgh, PA USA.
by Jim O'Hara
149. Hello Everyone,
I'm Chris, son of John James,Grandson of James O'Hara and Sarah (Haynes). Could anyone contact me with any information concerning the Galway O'Hara's in/around the Tuam area-My Father,John(living in England) was beleived to be the last in the family line,not so. Last contact was around 1950.
Thanks er... cousins.
Christopher F. O'Hara
by Christopher F. O'Hara
152. Hello I am Terry O'Hara from Middlesbrough England. Born in North Ormesby in1944. Also known as Doggy to the people who lived there.
by Terry O'Hara
154. Hi, my name is Pat O'Hara, I was born in Liverpool UK in 1957, the son of Paddy & Frances. I have 2 brothers Jimmy & Terry. I am Married to Patsy - can be confusing somtimes - we have a daughter, Kate and son, Shaun.
This web Site is terrific, well done!
by Pat O'Hara
163. Hey, writing in here again, I live in South Dakotah, my name is Mitchell O'Hara, Parents :William O'Hara and Karen Ohara Grandparents: Jerry O'Hara and David O'Hara.
by Mitchell O'Hara
164. Hello I am Adam Ralph Peter O'Hara of Alberta Canada. My Grandparents are Harrold Henry O'Hara and Geraldine Mary O'Hara of Moncton New Brunswick Canada. If there are any other O'Hara's from the east coast of canada send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Adam Ralph Peter O'Hara
165. Hello all O'Hara's round the world from Michael O'Hara in Glasgow, Scotland.
Our great, great grandfather, John O'Hara, in the year 1888, was instrumental in the founding of Celtic Football Club. My wee, wee cousin Brendan O'Hara of the Glasgow, Cardross Parish, deserves global appreciation.
Loud Clapping:- An unmarked grave in Dalbeth Cemetery is the final resting place of said John O'Hara. Thanks to Brendan's investigations and wee paces along the cemetery, it shall soon be unmarked no more. To signify the 100th anniversary of John O'Hara's death early in 1905, lots of local O'Hara descendants of John are being asked to contribute a few pounds for an appropriate stone. It is fitting that one of the founders of the institution called Celtic Football Club should be remembered in this way.
by Michael O'Hara
166. Dear email@example.com,
Hi – I'm looking for Dr. Michael O'Hara, probably a surgeon or cardiologist, about 50-53 yrs old, is very tall, with a dark mustache and longinsh grey hair. I had seen him before and am planning on moving to Ireland in the winter. I remember he spoke Irish as a primary language and may have been from the west or northwest coast of Ireland. If you know where I might find him, please contact me – it is important that I speak to him.
Go raibh mile moith agat!
by Debora M. Came
167. I'm Patrick O'Hara born in Cleveland,OH. Currently in college @ U of Alabama.
by Patrick O'Hara
168. My name is Ashley O'Hara, born in Cleveland, OH and currently attending Auburn University in Alabama. Any O'Haras who will be in or around Madrid, Spain this spring please e-mail me!
by Ashley Beth O'Hara
169. I'm Sean O'Hara and was born in 1980 in PA. I'm doing research into my family history and my grandmother has a picture of the crest in her bedroom. I Hope to soon uncover my family Ancestory. Good luck to all of you. This site is fantastic.
by Sean D. O'Hara
173. Hello O'Hara's
– from Tom O'Hara in St Charles Minnesota. Son of Joseph P. O'Hara Jr. of Glencoe MN and grandson of former Minnesota Congressman Joseph P O'Hara Sr from Tipton, IA.
by Tom O'Hara
174. I am living in Fresno, CA, but am from Grass Valley, CA. as is my dad (Willard James O'Hara Jr.) and grandfather (Willard James O'Hara (aka Turk O'Hara) . My Great Grandfather (James John O'Hara) born in Sonora, CA. 1872.
by Michael Patrick O'Hara
175. Dear firstname.lastname@example.org,
– I am trying to find out information on my Great Grandmother Jean O'Hara, or any of her family, who moved from Sligo to Glasgow and married George Oliphant in 1920. Details known about her family are as follows:- Mary - moved to Scotland at same time married a Scot who worked as a road roller and has 3 children; Edith - married and moved to Canada and worked in a newspaper office and had a daughter also Edith who would be about 82 now; Robert - moved also to Scotland and married had a least 1 son.
Thanks to anyone in advance for information given.
This is a great website!!!
by Clare Oliphant
177. Robyn Lee OHara here, my Father was Joseph Raymond O'Hara and his father was Silas O'Hara of Altoona PA. Anybody out there know my family ????
by Robyn Lee O'Hara
180. Dear email@example.com,
– I am looking to find out more on the Sarah Hopple that married an O'Hara. She was born 1849, but this is not proven yet and had 8 siblings: David, John, Marthe, Rosella, Edward and Elmer, William and George. Her parents were George and Ruth Hopple and and they originated in Pennsylvania. David was my line and I have his family done and thought I would start on all his siblings. I have seen a message on your site about a Sarah Hopple who married an O'Hara.and thought this might be a chance to find that family.
Deloris (& Rick) Brumfield
by Deloris (& Rick) Brumfield
– I'm David O'Hara and I would love to hear from someone who knew Robert Henry O'Hara. He's the father listed on my birth certificate although I never knew him.
David Lee O'Hara
by David Lee O'Hara
183. Hello — I'm Jamie O'Hara The Magic Guy in Las Cruces New Mexico. Website: http://themagicguy.com
by Jamie O'Hara
184. Hi to all You O'HARAS. A truly exceptional and interesting site. Did not realise there where so many O'HARA'S. I'am one, born in Madras India, supposedly descendant from the O'Hara, who was killed by a lion in the book on Zarvo.
by Maurice Peter O'Hara
– Please update William Homer O'Hara 1991 to William Homer O'Hara Sr. 3/5/1910 - 4/11/1991 William Homer O'Hara Jr. 6/2/1941 is his son. William Homer O'Hara, III 5/6/1980 is his grandson.
Thanks, best wishes,
by William H. O'Hara, III
187. Great board – so glad to see a group of O'Haras. I come from a long generation I know beginning back in Sligo, Ireland, where my grandpa ended up in Chicago, and still resides. Unfortunatly he is about to turn 95 years old, and can't tell us too much info about where and how he got here. We know very little about his parents or family back in Ireland. Hope to see more on the site to come!
by Jennifer O'Hara
188. – I didn't know how many other O'Hara's there were out there. Now I know of another Heather O! (sorry about our initials) – Heather O'Hara, from Pierce City, Missouri
by Heather (2) O'Hara
189. Another Mitchell O'Hara from South Dakota ?
My sister sent me the link for this website and I notice a listing from South Dakota for a Mitchell O'Hara, with a father William (Messages 015, 163). — That is my name and my father was William O'Hara, interesting??!!
Mitchell B. O'Hara
by Mitchell B. O'Hara
193. Dear Sir
My late mother's grandfather was Captain William O'Hara-Monan RN and he lived in Southampton, England, in 1873; then he returned to Dublin with his family - not sure what date ? His birthday was 9th December, but we do not yet know the year of birth. My grandparents were Hugh & Frances O'Hara-Monan. My grandfather was born O'Hara-Monan in 1873 but used Monan as a surname. He moved to Dublin and lived at 21 Mayfield Road, Terenure, Dublin. My mother was born 1908 and died 2003; she lived at 40 Hollybank Ave, Sandford Rd, Dublin and then moved to Terenure. I was born 1937 in Dublin and lived in Bray, Graystones as a child - left 1944 to live in London.
I have been doing some research into my great great grandfather in Sligo. He died in 1919 and is buried in Glasnevin, Dublin - lived at 30 Moorhampton Terrace, Doneybrook, Dublin - the house is no longer there.
I hope to hear from some members of the O'Hara family if they knew of my family tree. I look forward to hearing from you, and my family wish you a very Happy New Year. Forgive any typing errors - have one hand - get by!
With kind regards
Barbara Best (mrs)
See also: Follow-up message (number 198)
by Barbara Best
195. Subject: request inclusion in Arizona list
Greetings; as a resident of Mesa, Arizona 13 yrs, I would like to be listed; Doctor of Chiropractic and Acupuncture, by apt.
Ggf came from Sligo; We are the Cleveland Ohio O'Haras — Sligo, Whitehall NY, Cleveland Ohio since 1895.
by Tom O'Hara
199. Subject: O'Hara Sligo Clan
I am trying to learn how to navigate this site being computer ignorant – at 78 one gets slower. Both parents came from County Sligo to California in approx. 1910. My brother John Francis O'Hara is included at this site with the O'Haras in California – partner in Law Firm Parker, Clark,Milliken,O'Hara, Samuelian. John passed away in February 2001.
by Jim Walter O'Hara
203. I wanted to tell you about some O'Hara's from Louisville, Ky. Joseph C. O'Hara and Kevin M. O'Hara Sr. If you are interested e-mail me back and I will e-mail you a letter about them.
by Kevin M. O'Hara Jr.
204. I am from Brantford, Ontario, Canada and now attend Lakehead University. My father came from Wales, but my Mother's parents were from Dublin. We all now reside in Canada. Cheers.
by Devin Trelawney O'Hara
219. Hi! I'm Jenny O'Hara from Manila, Philippines. I'm an O'Hara too. It's nice to know that we have a website, I hope to trace my granpa's roots from the start. My granpa is a son of a Thomasite, an American Teacher who came to the Phils. to teach in the late 1800's. Hope you can help me in this quest.
by Jennifer O'Hara-Valencia
222. Hi from North County, San Diego, CA. I was born and raised in Mesa, AZ, the son of John and Ellen O'Hara. I have O'Hara relatives in AZ, MI, OH. My brother Michael O'Hara also lives here in San Diego. Ra Ra!.
by Thomas C. O'Hara
224. My name is Terry O'Hora, of the O'Hora family from Pennsylvania. Changed our name from O'Hara about 200 years ago in Ireland. Any relatives out there?!?
by Terry O'Hora
225. Hi, my name is George O'Hara. I was born on the 1st March 1947 in Lesley street in a village called Ligoniel in Northern Ireland. My Father was called George (Geordie), his Father was James (Jimmy) and his Father was George.
by George O'Hara
I am Joan 0'Hara Bates, age 68. I trace my paternal line to William Wilder 0'Hara, born 1846 in Quebec and who died in Wabasha City, MN where my father and grandfather 0'Hara were born. Our family story is that we are descended from Gen.Charles 0'Hara so we find all things written about him of interest. My daughter Tara found it all and sent it to me, but I only had this computer two months and am just learning. I am the last 0'Hara of my generation, I had 3 brothers from my father's 4 wives. My O'Hara men were polite, charming and loved to gamble and drinking was good too! .
Thank you for the info !
by Joan 0'Hara Bates
228. New Jersey O'Hara's
I enjoyed this website alot. I have always wanted to trace my family's roots, but my father has very little information for us to go on. Maybe one day I'll get all the information I need.
Colleen in NJ
by Colleen O'Hara Manning
229. Anyone that may be kin
I know nothing of my grandparents other than my grandmother's name was Mary Daly and my grandfather was either a John or Joseph, a r.r man in Ft. Dodge or Council Bluffs, Iowa; my dad was born in 1896 or 1898 as Joseph Faber O'Hara. Mary had several sisters.
James Patrick O'Hara
by James Patrick O'Hara
230. Pembina, North Dakota ?
Another O'Hara looking for, and offering up, anything that I know about relatives from the Pembina, ND clan. Brandon O'Hara
by Brandon O'Hara
I am trying to find info on my Great Grandfather Joseph O'Hara. He was born somewhere in Ireland possibly the northern coast about 1844. He moved to Canada at the age of 19 after finishing an apprenticeship as a shoemaker. He possibly came to Canada with the man who trained him, a Mr Miller. He had several children with his wife Mary Rebecca Burchill-O'Hara. All the children died but one (my Grandfather James O'Hara).
Does anyone have any suggestions how I could find out where my Great Grandfather was from exactly and who were his parents?
by Shannon O'Hara
232. Our O'Hara ancestor who moved from Ireland to Scotland (mid 1840s)
Our earliest known O'Hara ancestor migrated to Scotland as a bridge builder, we believe mid 1840s. He helped on bridges in Ayrshire; he was a Navvie (?) - a bridge builder. He married Mary McClelland in Ayr, and their children were Robert (1856), our ancestor, Charles, Sarah, Anne Jane, Peter, Elizabeth. No information about where In Ireland he came from, or whether he was a boy, a young man or an adult. Believe his birth to be mid 1830s or earlier. Have no information on the other children beyond 1881 census.
Where are all those with the name of O'Hara who migrated to Scotland ?
Colleen (O'Hara) Slater
by Colleen (O'Hara) Slater
233. O'Hara or O'Hora from Pennsylvania
My husband's family apparently changed the name from O'Hora to O'Hara at some point here in the States. Some of our relatives are O'Hora's from Pennsylvania. I am working with them to try and find our origins. Any help would be much appreciated!
I'd love to hear from any of you.
by Ramona Hillier-O'Hara
234. Christopher O'Hara's «Field Guide to Great American Beer»
I am the author of 6 books, including the upcoming "Field Guide to Great American Beer" (2006, Clarkson Potter/Random House). My family lives in Lloyd Harbor NY, and I'm originally from NYC.
See more at chrisohara.com
Christopher B. O'Hara
Webmaster's ps: see also at this site: Non-literary authors.
by Christopher B. O'Hara
236. The history page at this site and the tribe's history
It is nice to see this site online, is there any plan to add any more in the history area, or perhaps links?
Respecting the tribe's history I have a copy of a book titled: "The Book of O'Hara", lots of tales of fighting and it's aftermath, have you heard of it? I have heard various stories about the name "Eadhra" and that our origins are near Tara and all. The movie "Gone with the wind" didn't help matters. Does Eadhra refer to a tribe and is there any reliable history connected to the name?
Congratations and best wishes on your progress.
Webmaster's reply: ... The intention is (in due course) to add biographical information on those O'Haras listed in the One Hundred Renowned O'Haras page. Contributions (or links) based on reliable historical sources are welcome. Regarding "The Book of O'Hara", see Father Frank's message (#57in the database of messages) ...
by Dan O'Hara
237. Australian O'Hara's
Hello to all the O'Hara's out there, especially those in Australia. I don't know anything about my ancestry but am keen to learn.
by Elizabeth O'Hara
238. Hi, what an interesting site!! I'm from London and have lived here all my life. I am of Irish descent, and am living in london with my Mum.
by Shannon O'Hora
239. Hello frm the United Arab Emerates!
Hello Everyone! What a pleasure to discover so many O'Hara's! Although born in Lancashire, UK, I have spent the last 30 years travelling around the world teaching English...and have never actually bumped into any dear namesakes, but it's lovely to know that you are there...somewhere! I'm currently living in Sharjah, near Dubai in the UAE. Not many O'Hara's here I suspect! I would love to hear from other O'Hara's.
All the best to you all
by Wendy O'Hara
241. Another O'Hara clan, from Youngstown, OH
Hello - I am the last O'Hara of a group from Youngstown, OH. My dad is James Joseph Jr, son of James Joseph, Sr. We have many relatives in California, too!
I am so glad to have found this site!
Shannon M. O'Hara
by Shannon M. O'Hara
242. hola / hello from Lima, Peru !
hi! I'm Charles O'Hara, I'm from Lima, Peru and I lived all my life here ... there are very few O'Haras in Peru ... well more about me I'm in my late 10's, a university student (wanna-be-chef) I also have japanese blood and I'm a very cultural person, I love to learn new languages since my studies are tourism/hotel managament-related ... so far I know japanese, spanish and english. I'm also the webmaster of a japanese music website (in spanish); the link is: http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/Johnnys_Peru/, yeiy I forgot ... my O'Hara great-grandfather born in Liverpool, England ... nice to meet you all.
by Charles O'Hara
243. Hi im Kerri-lee O'hara and im trying to locate all my irish family im 18 years old and live in england with my mum.
by Kerri O'Hara
244. JUST HELLO. I am Karen O'Hara born in New Orleans, Louisiana.
by Karen O'Hara
245. H or h? Capitalization of the "h" in O'Hara
Does anyone have a preference on the capitalization of the "h"? I have had this question for a while but it seems that I'm correctly capitalizing it according to the site heading.
Hats off to all lucky enough to have such a cool last name.
by Sheila O'Hara
246. Looking for a Maurice O'Hara (born ca 1944)
My name is Angela, and I'm looking for a Maurice O'Hara.He lived in Alberta in 1965, he would have been 21 at this time. He had a brother who would have been 15, his father was a mechanic and his mother a housewife. He was a bush pilot. Very important that I find him or a relative of his. Thank you for your site!
by Angela Hearns
247. Looking information regarding the Galway O'Hara's
Update to message of June 10, 2004/ message #149 in database of messages
Hello cousins, I'm Chris, son of John James,.grandson of James O'Hara (from Galway) and Sarah (Sally) Haynes (from Cork City). Could any of you contact me with any information regarding the Galway O'Hara's (possibly Tuam or Clifden). Grandfather James and his twin brother John hailed from there-abouts.My Father was beleived to be the last of his line, not-so – last contact was made around 1952. Cheers!
by Christopher F. O'Hara
248. Want to know my ancestors ...
My grandfather's name: Thomàs O'Hara McPhearson ... year 1880 (estimated) ... arrived in Lima, Perù ... he was a sailor ... he married Julia Montoya a Peruvian, etc. Any news?
by Hèctor O'Hara
253. Hello there from Seoul, South Korea
hi my name is brayan, well where should i start, i was born in peru may 14th 1983, my grandpa came there from ireland in 1942, his name was thomas o'hara mcpherson, well i live now in south korea, seoul, well i don't know what to say, yeah, i'm delighted to find a web page about our last name, well this might sound absurd, but i'm really happy to find this page, well, good luck to all of you guys, and god bless you all, chau
Brayan O'Hara Lopez
by Brayan O'Hara Lopez
255. O'Hara's & O'Hora's
My name is David John O'Hora. I was born on 23.06.1979 in Dublin, Ireland. It is nice to see that there is such a great reference point for O'Hara's & O'Hora's. Both names share an almost identical family crest. I believe that many people changed the name O'Hora to O'Hara in the 1800's.
by David John O'Hora
256. A howdy ya'll from Georgia
Sending all the O'Haras a howdy ya'll from Georgia. Myself not being form here it is nice to see that there are O'Hara spread everywhere, a touch of family in every backyard.
by Tracy O'Hara
257. O'Hara's from Upstate NY
Hi, I'm 38 yo male from upstate NY, the Binghamton Area for sure. Grandma Francis and Grandpa Mitchell O'Hara. Father Michael J. and Mother Janet L. O'Hara. Any info out there about my family and the history of the O'Hara's in this area down to Scranton, PA area ? Contact me please!
Michael Sean O'Hara
by Michael Sean O'Hara
259. O'Hara's in Missouri
Trying to find my husbands family. Anyone with information on a William O'Hara from Flourisant Missouri who was left an orphan and raised by a Mrs. Harris, when William's father (James O'Hara) never returned home from the civil war.William's mother's name is unknown. She died shortly after his father. Other family names related are Stinson, Condon, Stewart, Donner, Wolf, and Nieman.
Please contact me if any information. We want to know more about our O'Hara family.
by Amanda O'Hara
260. A hearty hello from the South Buffalo, NY O'Hara's....Vincent, Kerry, Ava, Vivienne. Does anybody know the official O'Hora/O'Hara connection? Name butchered at Ellis Island or two variations of the same clan name?
by Vince O'Hara
262. O'Hara's in Australia
I'm from Ballarat, an old mining town established in the 1800's during the great gold rush. A Town in Victoria, Australia.
If you are ever in Australia, look up my father, Peter O'Hara. He'll look after you.
Louise Mary O'Hara
by Louise Mary O'Hara
263. An O'Hara from Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Wow ... I never knew there were so many! Im Michael Robert O'Hara - Born In Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Moved to Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada in the early '90s.
I'm 23 Years old and a web designer/developer/etc/etc by profession. If you want to check out some of my work follow the link below:
by Michael Robert O'Hara
264. Looking for O'Hara Family
Hi I'm MUGU MGBADA O'Hara and I'm trying to locate all my Irish family. I'm 18 years old and live in England with my mum.
Mgbada Igbo O'Hara
by Mgbada Igbo O'Hara
265. Hello from the O'Hara clan of Long Island, NY
by Anthony O'Hara (2)
266. a very interesting site.
by patricia young nee ohara u.k
267. I am also an O'Hara and I would be very interested in speaking with other people from around the world.
by Kristin O'Hara
271. Looking for my relatives in New Hampshire
Hi my name is Bruce O'Hara. I am from Laconia New Hampshire. My father's name is John O'Hara from Gorham New Hampshire. My Grand Father is Richard O'Hara; he is now deceased, came from Mass. and lived in Gorham New Hampshire for many many years until his death. If you have relitives from New Hampshire like Gorham Email me please at: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Bruce O'Hara
272. From one O'Hara to another - just want to say hello from Rochester NY - I was born and raised in South Buffalo.
by Edward O'Hara
274. Looking for Sean Michael O'Hara (born April 1, 1970)
Looking for Sean Michael O'Hara, born in Illinois, lived in Las Vegas in 1989ish. Born 4/1/1970.
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Lots of O'Haras out there! I'd like too say HELLO to ALL the O'Hara's Families.
My name is Quinn M. O'Hara. I live in West Covina CA, Southern California. I am 27 yrs of age, with 1 son Cody Tyler O'Hara, 2 1/2 yrs of age.
Quinn M. O'Hara
by Quinn M. O'Hara
277. I am looking for relativies or ancestors of O'Hara from Neale Killimor Ballinasloe co Galway Ireland
Brendan P O'Hara
by brendan p ohara
278. Ernest (Ernie) J O'Hara of Ulster Terrace, Dublin, Ireland
I am trying to find family in Dublin, Ireland. Anybody withinformation about my father Ernest (Ernie) J O'Hara please write back.
Ryan Francis O'Hara
by Ryan Francis O'Hara
279. Looking for a lost friend Michael O'Hara in Toronto
Hoping someone might be able to help me.
I lost touch with Michael O'Hara in Toronto a couple years ago and wondered whether anyone out there knew him and could perhaps let him know? I lost all his info when my HD crashed but remember he owned video store(s) and had a daughter Karen and son Brendan. I wasn't able to find him when I was in Toronto in May 05.
Can anyone help? You can send info via my email. Thanks,
280. I did not know that there were so many of us over here. Hello to all fellow O'Hara's out there.
by Ernest John O'Hara
282. O'Hara's of the world gather and take control, we're unstoppable. One, most of us are Irish, two we're numerous, and three we're O'Haras.....
James Ryan O'Hara, St. Cloud Mn.
by James Ryan O'Hara
284. My father grew up in Greenfield MA. I am looking for any information on the family. I know they came over prior to the civil war since I have relatives who fought in the war.
by Brian O'Hara
285. Looking for relatives in New Hampshire and all over the world
My Name is Bruce O'Hara. I am looking for relatives all over the world. I know that My Father is John Terrel O'Hara. My Grandfather is Richard Edward O'Hara. My Great Grandfather is Frank O'Hara. I have a Great Great Uncle Charles O'Hara who holds the record on Mount Washington, New Hampshire, for the fastest time up the mountain on a horse drawn wagon.
If you are realated to any of these people let me know.
by Bruce O'Hara
286. Looking for a Michael O'Hara living in County Meath, Ireland (1917)
My father James O`Hara was born in Navan, county Meath, Ireland, in 1917 and moved to Liverpool, England in the late 1930's. I am seeking any information about his father Michael O`Hara who died in Navan.
by James O'Hara
289. Christmas Holiday Wishes from the O'Hara's of Leixlip, Kildare, Ireland
From: Rena, Arthur, Joanne, Arthur Jnr., Karen and Kathryn
by Arthur O'Hara
290. My lost O'Hara family from Liverpool
Hello fellow O'Haras! I live in Sweden, but was born in Liverpool. My Dad, Michael O'Hara was born 1920 in Liverpool. He died in 1990. He came from a big family, with roots in Co. Mayo so I've heard. All of them, his sister's and brothers and parents are long dead. Are there any cousins or other relatives surviving who could get in touch with me? My dad served in World War 2. His father's name was Bernard and his mother was Mary. They lived in Norris Geen, Liverpool. He had a sister named Kitty, another named Nora, a brother named Gerald and one named Arthur. All are lost to me. Does anyone recognise this family?
Blessings and love to all O'Haras, from Trollhättan, Sweden,
by Esther O'Hara
291. The O'Hora/O'Hara connection
Hi to all you who share our hertiage, My father Terry and brother Joe, were scotsmen (deceased) and emmigrated to Australia late 1940s. I have Uncles who are O'Hora's and Also O'Hara's so how confused do you think we are; the story we have been told that great grand pop? left Ireland wanted by the constabulary and changed his name to loose himself in scotland, but as things quitened down he changed his name again, is this possible you think???? Our family history is slowly dissapearing as all the old realatives pass on.
I stumbled on the site by accident and am pleased to see that "we" are still connected. I now live in Perth, Western Australia, where I am ensuring the continuity of the name, regards and a Happy New year for 2006 to you all,
Chris O'Hora "The Camel Whisperer" Perth Western Australia
by Chris O'Hora
292. From an Irish O'Hara living in Spain — Just to be included in list of O'Haras.
by Frank O'Hara (2)
293. just to wish all the oharas worldwide a happy new year HEALTH WEALTH AND HAPPINESS TO YOU ALL.
by Sandy O'Hara
294. Tracing Family Tree
Well hello to you all. I am trying to trace my family tree but don't know were to begin. My grandparents emigrated to England in the early 1950's and my parents, with myself, emigrated to Canada 1966.
by Christopher O'Hara (2)
295. Ryan Mitchell O'Hara - I am his fiance and I want to take him to Ireland - any suggestions? emails appreciated - please title Ryan O'Hara
297. Hello to my extended family ... all the O'Hara's of the world
My Father Stanley A. was born to Leo and Mary O'Hara in 1918, in Saint John NB. Stanley passed in 1964. My family Jacque (wife), Stephen II and Meghan carry on the Irish tradition of living life not just watching it pass. Looking forward to visiting Ireland some time in the near future.
God Bless you all.
Stephen Gerard O'Hara
by Stephen Gerard O'Hara
298. The family motto “Virtute et Claritate”
I read some messages about the family motto on this site. The motto, or at least one of them I believe is "Virtute et Claritate". I do not know latin, but to me the literal translation is "With Virtue and Clarity". An English translation that I read on another site is "To be, not to pretend", or "Not to seem, but to be".
It would be good to have some agreement on the correct English version of it. I have taken Claritas to mean just that, clarity, or truthfulness, or honesty. Noble words indeed, but would they work today? My contribution for what it may be worth is "With Courage and Honesty".
Best wishes cousins,
Wellington, New Zealand
by Brian O'Hara
299. My family, all O'Haras
Quinton James O'Hara Born 31 Finley Street Ligoniel, Belfast, Northern Ireland, on the 16th July 1952,
My Father is Quinton, my Mother is Elsie, my wife is Patrica. We have Three children: Justin, Stewart and Victoria.
We live in Bangor, County Down, Northern Ireland.
by Quinton James O'Hara
301. Looking for O'Haras in South America
I'm from Lima, Perú in south America, and i just find this page, it's interested know something about my roots, I did not know that there were so many of us over there ... if you know some O'Hara in South America please send me an email...
by Walter O'Hara
302. May God bless you & yours, Jerry...
by Gerald Patrick O'Hara Jr.
303. ad multos annos! Father (1956-2006) O'Hara (1929-2017)
Fifty years ago today (February 2, 1956) that is one half of a century and a whole different world away at twenty-six years of age I lay prostrate in the Sanctuary of the Holy Name Church West Roxbury and was consecrated a priest of God one of seventy young men who began their journey of faith on that snowy day.
May His Blessing be upon them all, Amen
Father Frank Photographs: 1956, 2006
Obituary: Father Francis O'Hara (June 5, 1929 - March 27, 2017)
by Rev. Francis A. O'Hara
304. Looking for O'Hara's in NH, ME, Canada, Ireland....
I'm looking for ancestors of Abraham O'Hara who lived in Molunkus, Maine in the late 1800's and may have been born in Montreal, Canada. Some of his children later moved to NH.
by Madeleine O'Hara
305. Trying to locate Jack O'Hara, lived in Yonkers, NY, & Wesport, Co. Mayo (c. 1979)
Trying to locate Jack O'Hara, lived in Yonkers NY, Sherwood Terr., worked for telephone company. He and family moved to Westport (County Mayo, Ireland) approx. 1979, went to work for a German company, lived in the company house in Westport.
by Jerry Boss
306. An O'Hara — Hierlihy Link
I have recently found out, Regionald O'Hara married Anne Mae Hierlihy, sometime prior to 1927. They have a son, John Douglas O'Hara, born about 1927. I am assuming Regionald was born Guysborough, Nova Scotia, Canada. I am interested in the Hierlihy line and have 25 years of Hierlihy data to share.
by Dave Hierlihy
308. Australian O'Haras living in Canberra
Hello fellow O'Haras.
I am an O'Hara by Marraige. We are Australian O'Haras living in Canberra. There is me Tracey, my husband David, and our sons Corey and Seamus.
We would just like to say Hi to everyone
by Tracey O'Hara
309. Joseph / Jo(e) O'Hara stationed in Somerset, UK, 1944 — follow up
Does anyone know of a Jo O'Hara, possibly from Ohio, stationed at St Audries Bay, Somerset, England during World War 2 in 1944?
I believe he was attached to the 187th Field Artillery Battalion but he did not go over to France on D - day June 6th 1944 where so many lost their lives. He remained in Somerset in July and August of that year, in what was known as "the residue" so there is a very good chance he survived the War, and returned to the US.
I have a photograph of him so anyone with any information about his name, or this era of WW2 in Somerset England please contact me. Thank you.
by Peter English
310. Looking for information about my O'Hara surname
My name is Courtenay O'Hara, i'm from South Shields, Tyne and Wear in England. I know very little about my surname as my father left when I was young and have had very little contact with that side of the family. If anyone can tell me anything about the surname (all I know is that it is Irish in origin) then please get in touch,
by Courtenay O'Hara
312. NEWSFLASH! As I sit here and read all about my fellow O'Hara's I realise that some of ye think your ancestors come from Sligo. Well to put you all out of your misery you are right! O'Hara IS originally from Sligo. So if your going to trace your family tree my best bet would be to start there! I am from the Sunny South East - WEXFORD! Good luck in tracing all those rellies!
by Fiona O'Hara
313. Looking for anyone who has O'Hara family from Glasgow
My father Richard O'Hara was born in Glasgow in 1905. His father James O'Hara was also born there in 1874. And His father Peter O'Hara was married there in 1857. Peter was the son of John O'Hara and Bridget Linn, born in Ireland (I am not sure where).
Peter came to Scotland some time in the early 1850s. Peter O'Hara married Hannah Goodwin (McGuigan) in Glasgow in 1857. They had 12 children: Peter - April 14 1858, John - May 1 1860, James - Oct. 18 1862, Mary - Sept. 27 1864, Bernard - Sept.14 1866, Richard - Feb.18 1868, Edward - Sept. 4 1869, Susan Elisabeth - June 4 1871, Joseph J. - April 17 1873, James - Nov. 29 1874, Andrew - 1878, Jane - May 1880.
From a family this size I would hope that some decendants still live in the area. family.
by Brian O'Hara (1)
316. O'Hara's in Bradford, Yorkshire, England
The origins of the O'Hara Family in Bradford Yorkshire begins in 1831 when Patrick O'Hara and wife Catherine Bartley arrive with brothers James b 1811 and Michael b 1812. They settled, married and had many children, who had many children. The family now runs to 8 generations and contains thousands of O'Hara's who spead through Yorkshire and the North East of England, some went to Canada, USA and Australia.
I will be pleased to hear from people who are researching Irish Surnames with a link to Yorkshire.
by Chris O'Hara (2)
317. "hello" to all the O"Hara's on the web page. great work. glad i found it. I am a Sligo O"Hara. came to Ohio in l954. best wishess to all the O"Hara's.
by Kate O'Hara
318. Looking for O'Hara Family in Molunkus, Maine
My name is Bruce O'Hara I live in Laconia, NH. I am looking for any O'Hara's In Molunkus, Maine, that was born there or lived there at one point of their life or still live there.
PLEASE contact me,
by Bruce O'Hara
319. Hello to all O'Hara around the world from Québec in Canada !
by Élise O'Hara
321. From a native to Granard Co Longford now living in Castlebar Co Mayo. A Big Howya from your Irish cousins!!!
by Paul O'Hara
322. Hello to you all, this is such a great site. I live in England, my dad was Edward O'Hara , Eddie. A lot of my cousins are in Foxford Co MAYO IRELAND. I have three sisters we are all keen to trace more of our family, so if you think you are one of the clan e. mail me.
by Carmel O'Hara
323. HI ALL, MY NAME IS RORY MICHAEL O'HARA BORN AUSTRALIA 1964, FATHER BRIAN DOUGLAS, BORN NTH IRELAND 1931 MUM HEATHER JANE BORN 1942, E-MAIL email@example.com, 41 YO ENGAGED ... I have an 18 yo son, sean brian douglas, i live in western australia, and work in the mining industry, in north west australia, hard life, top money, to you all, may the wind be allways at your back!!! cheers from oz...
by Rory Michael O'Hara
324. Esther O'Hara's “The Witches Necklace”
I just wanted to let you know that my book is being published on the 30th of March 2006 and there is some information on the publisher's website now. (Unfortunatley in Swedish, but it can be of interest to other O'Haras worldwide anyway!).
My book is a children's book called "Häxan och halsbandet" (The Witches Necklace) and is about a wicked witch who has a magic necklace. She uses the necklace to create bad weather and terrorise the town of Trollhättan. She lives in a secret cave outside the town, up in the dark hilly forest. One day she loses her magic necklace and it is found by a little boy who is out for a walk in the woods with his mother. The witch then searches high and low for her necklace. She uses all sorts of spells and poisonous herbs to try and find it. Meanwhile, in the hands of the little boy, the necklace turns good, and works all kinds of little miracles...
Well that is a little summary. I may translate it one day and see if it is publishable in English.
The web address of my publisher is: www.forfattarhuset.se Click here to see my book and here to see a text about me and a little picture.
by Esther O'Hara
325. An O'Hara from Kingston, Ontario
I was surfing the web...bored at work... and came across this site!
I'm an O'Hara from Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I'm 32. Son of Kenneth and Patricia O'Hara. 1 brother Kenny. I'm a nurse. Work in a federal prison near Kingston. The inmates are refusing to lock up, so I'm stuck here after hours incase someone gets stabbed. Love my job!
I've got lots of family tree info, and would love to hear from any other O'Hara's out there. My closest relatives are in southern Ontario. Ben and Jeff. Thier parents, my aunt and uncle, relocated to Texas and work for Dow Chemical in Lake Jackson.
Anyway... take care everyone. Love to hear from any other O'Hara's out there.
by Timmothy Lee O'Hara
326. Hi from Queensland originaly from Melbourne father Cliff born in Melbourne have traced back another 4 generations including James, John and Joseph O'Hara from Ireland happy to swap family history. G Day from OZ
by Glenn Raymond O'Hara
327. Hi to all; I am Christopher Richard O'Hora Living in Perth Western Australia. great to be part of one big family. "may you be in heaven 10 minutes before the devil knows your dead" god bless Regards "The Camel Whisperer".
by Christopher Richard O'Hora
328. My name is Thomas O'Hara i'm 11 years old and live in Edinburgh, Scotland. My aunty is also here she is called Fiona O'Hara and she is 41 can i just say... THERE ARE MILLIONS OF US world Wide...Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
by Thomas O'Hara (1)
330. Family tree back to approx 1760
Hi from wyoming in the U.S. born in Penna. U.S. in 1955 have dome the family tree back to approx 1760. father Henry J. grandfather Lawrence E. greatgrand father Henry J., gggrandfather Henry D. He came in to this country at baltamore Md.
I would like to hear from other O'Haras if you have time. From the begining we have been farmers, miners, millwrights.
by Henry O'Hara
331. Descendents of George O'Hara, New Harbour, Guysborough, Nova Scotia, Canada
Looking for anyone that may be related to a George O'Hara, New Harbour, Guysborough, Nova Scotia, Canada who died 1928. He was married to Sarah Jane Humber. As far as I know George and Sarah Jane Humber had six children, Lawerence, George, Mae, Reginald, Gordon, and Melford, all born in New Harbour, Guysborough County, Nova Scotia. He was married twice, I think there was 3 children by his first wife. Last knowledge of his son George living in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada.
Katherine Jean O'Hara
by Katherine Jean O'Hara
332. My name is John Patrick O'Hara. I was born in Glasgow Scotland (1972) and now live in Boston. I travel frequently to the UK and elsewhere.
by John P. O'Hara
333. Hi to all O'Haras out there! I'm in Sydney Australia, I've been doing some research on my family history. The earliest known pesron in my family tree is Richard Hugh O'Hara. He was born on 12th Jan 1855. If anyone knows that family line or knows how to trace back even further please email me ...
by Dustin O'Hara
334. I am Bernard Arthur O'Hara and I live in Sydney, Australia. I was born in Liverpool England in 1941. My dad's name was Gerard O'Hara. My Mother's maiden name was May Stephenson and originally she came from Lancaster.
by Bernard Arthur O'Hara
335. Good day, my name is Patrick George O'Hara, I live in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Son of John Richard O'Hara born in Montreal and brother of Gordon Richard O'Hara. It will be a pleasure but a task to use all avenues available to me to search roots leading from Ireland to Canada and the United States.
by Patrick George O'Hara
336. My web page of artwork, some of it focussed on Ireland
My husband and I are just back from our 4th trip to Ireland exploring ruins. This trip we stayed on the west/south coast and did get to the Aran Island of Inis Mor, fascinating. Here is a link to my web page of artwork, some of it focussed on Ireland, which I would be happy to have included on oharas.com:
Our family name was spelled O'Hora at emigration it appears ... siblings include James Patrick O'Hara, a federal magistrate (judge) in Kansas City and Michael James O'Hara, a economist/attorney at U of Nebraska Omaha.
Maureen O'Hara Ure
Additional link: Maureen O'Hara Ure's page at this site !
by Maureen O'Hara Ure
337. Hello my name is Jennifer O'Hara from Mahtomedi, Minnesota. I am currently researching my grandfather John Terrence O'Hara b. 08/12/1880 married Minnie Leyde. Resided in Minneapolis, MN. All I have to go on is a WWI Registration Card for him. I'm looking for any information I can get.
by Jennifer M. O'Hara
338. Looking for my O'Hara cousins
I was checking out this site and hopefully I might be able to find my cousin's that I have never seen but heard alot about. Their names are Kevin Elwin O'Hara and his sister Jacqline. I'm not sure where they are I know their mother was from England. Their father was Elwin O'Hara born in Locharbour, Nova Scotia. His father and mother were Reg O'Hara and Anna Mae Hierlihy. My grandfather remarried after my grandmother's death and moved to Heatherton, Antigonish, Nova Scotia. Elwin was in the Army and died due to complications from diabetes or stomach ulcers. He had three brothers and two sisters and a sister mary who died at birth. My dad who's name is John is the eldest son, then Mae, Helen, Lester, Elwin and Raymond. Raymond passed away in November. He had stomach problems as well. Anyway we've been searching for Elwin's children for years. I think that Kevin would be about 38 or 39 now and not sure how old Jacquline would be maybe my age which is 37 or younger.
I was wanting to let David Heirlihy know that I am John Douglas O'Hara's youngest daughter. Reg and Anna Mae were my grandparents however they passed before I was born and daddy doesn't say much about them. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.
by Kimberley O'Hara
339. Looking for a Micheal O'Hara who lived in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
I'm looking for a Micheal O'Hara who lived in Red Deer Alberta Canada in the years 1999-2000. If Know this person please have them contact me. It is very important. Thank You,
340. I am from Ballaghaderreen in Roscommon. I came to Springfield MA in 2000. Good to see all the O'Haras on the web.
by Gavin Patrick O'Hara
342. Hello from the O'Hara's Family from all over India. Hello to all O'Hara's around the globe !
This Hello comes from the O'Hara's Family from all over India. We are still trying to find our relatives from abroad. My grandpa's name was Phillip O'Hara, if anyone has any info please email me.
by Andrea O'Hara
344. I'm from Liverpool, England
I'm from Liverpool, England and have a wife Emma and a daughter Christie. I think my family came from Dublin and Co. Mayo, my Grandad was called Patrick from Liverpool who had a big family, his dad Thomas was from Dublin (I think) and his mother was half Spanish. My grandmother was called Francis Maguire who's parents was from Co. Mayo
by Chris O'Hara (3)
345. O'Hara's in New Orleans
New Orleans is such a great city for the Irish since it's so green. It's a city inside of a jungle. The Irish Channel is in the center of city and it's where I was born. Great food and fun in this area. New Orleans is so far behind, it's ahead...
Timothy Michael O'Hara
by Timothy Michael O'Hara
346. Hector Diaz O'Hara form Lima Peru
Hello dear family my name is Hector Diaz O'Hara im form Lima Peru, yeah in Southamerica so i guess that ur my dear relatives, jaja cause my grandfather was Hector John O'Hara Mcpherson, did u know him?? he went to Peru at 1930, well i wanna stay in contact to everyone of u cause i wanna travel to ireland and all the world and i guess that it will be a great experience, if i can stay with my dear family O'Hara write me to my mail
Hector Diaz O'Hara
by Hector Diaz O'Hara
348. Hello to all the rest of the O'Haras, I hail from Georgia, previously Cazenovia, NY. If anyone has family memebers from this area I would love to know of them.
by Tracy O'Hara
350. Des Moines, IA. Hello all.
by Kenyon O'Hara
352. Hello to all O'Hara's. My name is Christine O'Hara and I hail from Hamilton, Ontario Canada. I am searching for anyone related to James Francis O'Hara my great grandpa and his wife Matilda McShane who came to Canada (Hamilton) in 1934 from Belfast, Antrim. My grandfather was Francis O'Hara his brothers are David O'Hara, Bob and Jim sister Molly. One thing I am very proud to be is an O'Hara. IRISH RULES.
by Christine O'Hara
353. This message has been deleted by request of contributor
by James Gabriel O'Hara
354. James Francis O'Hara and family who came from Belfast to Canada (1934)
Hello to all the O'Hara's !
My name is Christine O'Hara. I hail from Hamilton, Ontario Canada. I am searching for any information on family related to James Francis O'Hara my great grandfather and his wife Matilda McShane who came to Canada in 1934 from Belfast, along with my grandfather Francis O'Hara his brothers Dave O'Hara, Jim O'Hara and Bob and sister Molly.
I'm very proud to be who I am and that is an O'Hara.
by Christine-Ann O'Hara
355. Just another O'Hara looking for any relatives out there or any info on my family. My late father was Joe O'Hara from Belfast, Ireland. Please contact with any O'Hara history.
by Roisin O'Hara
356. The O'Hora-O'Hara Connection
I read am intresting comment on this web site. The name O'Hora is in fact the same name as O'Hara. Both are English spellings of an Irish name. During the 1798 rebellion (the year of the French) the O'Hara name was dropped by some O'Horas also to avoid been associated with Michael (White) O'Hora as he was against the English in the rebellion and some O'Haras were not seen to be part of the rebellion. However all the O'Horas were severly punished and all the lands taken from them after that rebellion; many were killed and those that did live kept the name. It is only common in the west of Ireland around the Ballina Area.
357. Family Tree of Maria Floydeth Jeju O'Hara, from Bolingbrook, Illinios
my name is Maria Floydeth Jeju O'Hara,from Bolingbrook, Illinios ... 5th generation of... Patrick O'Hara 1767-1850, Londonderry, Ireland ...married to Chynthia Prindle 1770-1860 ... I have my Family Tree ... Just wandering if any of my relatives are still searching for us ...Plz. contact us ...
by Maria Floydeth Jeju O'Hara
358. hi i'm james j O'Hara jnr from bolton lancashire just found your site very interisting as well my G'father is called joseph leo O'Hara from Birkenhead liverpool as is my father james j O'Hara snr.
by James J. O'Hara jnr
359. Hello again fellow O'Hara's. This is Kim O'Hara from Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada again. Still looking for my cousins. Kevin and Jacquline. My great grampa's name was George and gramie was Sadie or Sarah she liked to be called. Please help. Thanks
by Kimberley O'Hara
May the Lord make his face shine upon you, O'HARA'S!!!
moi?.....b 1964 in Syracuse NY, My grandfather Thomas Gregory O'Hara, from Skaneatles area, NY, my great grandfather John, b 1851, died 1926, born SOMEWHERE in IRELAND.... married Catherine Powers...she was born in 1862 and died in 1938... had 7 sons, my grandpa was the youngest...wish I could go back further...that would be cool...
by Heather (3) O'Hara
361. Hello fellow O'Haras. My family are originally from Sligo (Ireland) but most of us live in Dublin now. I am one of 10 children from families of an average of at least 7 (12 on my father's side) so we are still growing and we keep very much in contact. We have an msn.oharagroup you might find interesting (firstname.lastname@example.org).
by Francis ( Frank) Noel O'Hara
362. Looking for Rocky Raymond O'Hara of Alberta, Canada
Hello. I'm looking for somebody from the O'Hara family of Alberta, possibly Morinville, Alberta. His name, I'm told, was Rocky Raymond O'Hara; perhaps Rocky is a nick-name. I found his name on my husband's adoption papers, they listed Mr. O'Hara as the father (not wed to the mother, Margaret Elaine Cross). My husband, now called Robert Arndt, was born February 27, 1962. Any help you could give us is appreciated, thank you
by Lori Shaw
364. Interest In possible O'Hara relatives in Southern Ireland
My maiden name was/is Anne O'Hara. All my older relatives are now deceased. My great grandmother and father came over from the North West of Southern Ireland around the 1840's (Potato famine), to Keighley,West Yorkshire, England. I think from very few indications that they came from somewhere near Knock! 'kiltiknock' if there is such a place?
I would be grateful for any replies. Unfortunately, their names where Mary and John, obviously common names and to make it more difficult they were only small children when they left Ireland.... They had a son soon after arriving called James who died at the age of two and who they then bought a grave for. Neither seemed to be able to read or write.
by Anne Cuthbert
365. Looking for William O'Hara (born Toronto, Canada, about 1904)
I am looking for information trying to find my father's dad, William O'Hara; he was married in Syracuse, NY, moved to Cleveland, Ohio with 2 sons, left during the depression and headed toward Alberta, Canada. He was born around 1904 in Toronto, Canada,
by Michael O'Hara (59)
367. Finding Sheila, Francis, Ryan and Jack O'Hara in Ireland
I used to live in London between 1989 and 1990. I lived with a family named the O'Haras — Sheila, Francis, Ryan and Jack O'Hara. They were lovely people and helped me very much. In those days, Ryan was a wonderfu baby. We kept our contact for a while. But this family moved to Dublin from London and we lost the contact. I visited London again and their house but I couldn't find them. I missed them so much and worried about them. Please help me to find my dear friends. I hope everything is okay with them. I thank you for your interest in advance.
PS. (November 3, 2006)
First of all, I thank you for your kindness and understanding. I am incredibly happy. Last night I spent two hours on the internet to find my dear friends. I didn't count how many O'Haras (from Dublin) that Icalled. Finally, I found a telephone number in Wicklow County's web site. Then I took my chance and I found my dear friends after 16 years. It was very important for me. I really missed them. In those days, I was young and they were young, there was a lovely baby. We shared everything under the same roof. Now everybody's health is okay. This baby has become a handsome young man. Another one is on the road to be a young man. To know that they are okay means for me more than everything. I really thank you for such a wonderful information and contact channel. Your website helps love and friendship. This is the precious service for peace. I am sending my best wishes to all O'Haras. I am sure if I had not found them, an O'Hara would help me by hearing my voice from your web-site. Thank you again.
With all my best wishes, A. T.
by A. T.
369. I am also from the O'Hara's but we moved to Canada 8 years ago in August and i have only been back home once since coming here. I am now 15, and hope to go back when i am 17 or 18. If any O'Hara's wish to contact me plese feel free to do so.
by Annie Jade O'Hara
372. My name is Erin O'Hara, there are ten O'Hara's in my family. Five of us live in Spring Hill Florida, five live in GlenPool Oklohoma. Originally the family was born in New York.
by Erin O'Hara
373. Hello I am 1 of many O'Hara's living Calgary Alberta Canada.
by Jordan O'Hara
377. Does David Patrick O'Hara have a fan club address? Etc?.
by Helen Tabor O'Hara
379.Looking for ancestors of Abraham O'Hara born about 1820
Looking for ancestors of Abraham O'Hara born about 1820 and lived in Molunkus Maine from 1850 on. His mother was born in Lower Canada and father in Ireland. O'Hara's in the Aroostook Maine area are probably related to some of his children. Please contact me. Thanks
by Madeleine O'Hara (1)
380. Colleen Marie O'Hara decended from Edward O'Hara and Regina Bailey. Father Frank O'Hara taught at Notre Dame and was a great uncle. William Francis and Colleen Thompson are our parents originated in Ireland and came to PA. Glass blowing was their trade, went to Marion, IN and from there to South Bend, IN. I havent seen anyone in Indiana.
by Colleen Marie O'Hara
381. Any info on Father Frank O'Hara from Nortre Dame, IN ?
Any Indiana O'Hara's out there! Don't you just love our name! I am really surprised there are not more Colleen O'Hara's out there!! I will keep my name forever no matter what! I just happened on this site looking for my great uncle Father Frank O'Hara who taught at Notre Dame University at South Bend and is buried there.
Colleen Marie O'Hara
by Colleen Marie O'Hara
382. James P. O'Hara Ace, Texas : Greetings fellow O'Hara's, so many names and so little time. Trying to find my family origins with little success, my father Joseph F. O'Hara born in Iowa in 1896. His father was married to a Daley. I have joined a DNA research group and so far there are 3 with 37 markers still a good stretch to go. God Bless.
by James P. O'Hara
383. Edward O’Hara married Bridget or Beesey Henery (born c.1864) in Co Sligo
Edward O’Hara was a Herder/Farm Labourer, he married Bridget or Beesey Henery bn c 1864 daughter of James Henery and Kate O’Donnelly.
They had the following children:
Edward bn 26/11/1883 in Ranaghan, Sligo
Michael bn 20/05/1886 also Ranaghan
Mary bn 20/06/1889 Ranaghan
John bn 15/06/1891 Ranaghan
Jane (Jean) bn 26/12/1893 in Arderee, Sligo (My G Grandmother)
Bridget Kate bn 26/06/1898 in Cloonacurra, Sligo
My grandfather tells me that Mary and Jean my G Grandmother came to Gorbals, Glasgow looking for work he says his mother worked in a big house in Ireland prior to this but I Believe they may have moved with their mother Bridget in the early 1900’s after their father died as I have found a marriage certificate for her in 1908 when she married a John Pettipiece in Glasgow. Their Mother Bridget died in 1926 in Glasgow.
Jean married George Oliphant in Glasgow in 1920 and she died in 1952 in Springburn. Mary Married a man who worked as a road roller in Glasgow. It is believed that one of the other sons moved to Glasgow and married and a daughter moved to Canada to work in a newspaper office. Can anyone help me with obtaining further information on my family or are you connected somehow?
Would love to hear from you,
by Clare Oliphant
384. John O'Hara / Martha Miller born circa 1819 in County Antrim
Hello, I'm searching for information regarding my great great grand parents, John O'Hara & Martha Miller, born about 1819 in County Antrim, Northern Ireland,
John Marshall O'Hara
by John Marshall O'Hara
385. Hi, I'm an O'Hara in Vancouver and it's great to see the clan reaching out.
by Darrell William O'Hara
386. Hello all ! from Sydney, Australia
Writing from Sydney, Australia. Yes, as I understand it O'Hara derives from Sligo. My father was born there, in any case, and his before him. And the bread that you buy in the Swinford/Foxford area is O'Hara's. Always so nice to tuck into a slice of fresh O'Hara's when I'm in Ireland!
by Geraldine O'Hara
388. I am from Santa Clarita California. Married with 2 kids. My Great Grandfather is James O'Hara. He was one of the American Teachers sent to The Philippines in 1901 to teach. Any Relatives out There?
by Jason O'Hara
391. Thomas O'Hara came to Ontario, Canada @ 1840
If interested go to www.ohara.com and click "Family Tree". I've documented @ 500 relatives in Canada and the USA. Other names: Brennan, Casey, Edge, Nash - all 1800's started from Ottawa area of Ontario.
by Frank O'Hara
392. Hi this is such a kool site! im Thomas ohara Email me on email@example.com go to my site tommo-2006-death.piczo.com
by Thomas (Tommo) O'Hara
393. Hi, I am Michael Osborne O'Hara from Sydney Australia. My father was William Myles O'Hara Grandfather Myles Osborne O'Hara, All of us born in Australia, Great Grandfather Henry Michael O'Hara Born Cork Ireland 1853 Died Portsea Victoria Australia 1921 Married three times, Nettie Klingender, Isabella Osborne, Nina Osborne Great Great Grandfather Henry O'Hara married to Anna Macoboy. American artist Henry Clive, formerly Clive O'Hara would have been my great uncle, son of Henry Michael. Would be pleased to hear from others to who I may be related.
by Michael Osborne O'Hara
394. Looking for Edward O'Hara born OH about 1860, married Noblesville, IN in 1892
Hello to all the O'Hara's out there !
I am seriously pursuing some research on my family and I have hit a stone wall. Hoping someone can help with info they have uncovered.
My great grandfather was Edward O'Hara and from his appliction for marriage in Noblesville, IN in 1892 his info is as follows: Age 32 so he was born sometime around 1860. Lists his birthplace as Ohio. Fathers name was John. Mothers name was Mary Lynch. His occupation was an iron moulder which probably meant he was working for the RR at some time. I am really stumped on this one. If it helps he named his son Henry Edward which as I gather was based on some of his brothers as the Irish had a system for naming boys.
I would really appreciate ANY help with this. I have found a couple of O'Hara's in Ohio in the census prior to 1892 but I cannot make the leap to connect him to any one family.
by Wayne O'Hara
395. Michael O'Hara (b. Ireland, 1858) of Brooklyn, NY, and his children
Original Message by William O'Hara
Dear Webmaster - O'Hara family
I emailed a letter to William O' Hara on the 6th March 07, re his subject on Michael O'Hara ( b. Ireland, 1858) of Brooklyn, NY, and his children.
My name is Barbara Best, my Grandfather, and his Father were born into the O'Hara family. In my letter to you William I forgot to mention that my Great Grandfather married a lady named Mme De Vaux; they had nine children; I think they married on the 23rd May 1871 in Dublin.
I look forward to hearing from you William. With best wishes,
by Barbara Best
396. My father is Shay O'Hara and I am searching for his brother Sean O'Hara & his children
My name is Sinead O'Hara and I am the daughter of Shay O'Hara who was born in Carlow but grew up mostly in Dublin. He has been residing in Sydney Australia for the past 30 years. I am looking to get into contact with his brother Sean O'Hara or his children.
by Sinead O'Hara
397. Just to say Hi ! I'm Hazel O'Hara. I was born in burnley lancashire england. I didnt relise they was so many O'Haras in the world. Nice to know there is though.
by Hazel O'Hara
398. Many O'Hara's in upstate New York. Ours are from Sligo, Ireland. Wish I could find all missing families to hand down to younger people. Email: in midst of changing companies, sry.
by Mary Ann O'Hara
Hello. I am from Boston, Massachusetts and just wanted to say hello to all my brothers and sisters who carry the given name of O'Hara, god bless to all.
by Stecven O'Hara
401. Looking for any information on Robert O'Hara (possibly O’Hora) born (?) Co. Mayo, Ireland
Looking for any information on the following:- ROBERT O'HARA (possibly O’HORA) Born possibly Co Mayo in Ireland. He was a farmer by trade. Married and had a least 10 or 100 children of which I know some details of four:-
i. MARY3 O'HARA, born in Ireland; married to a man with the surname KENNEY. Mary possibly died in the UK
ii. MARTIN O'HARA, b. Abt. 1873, Ireland; moved to the UK and married a Margaret FOY born 1875 in Bohola Ireland. They married in Wigan but travelled around Lancashire as he was a Miner. Martin died. 13 Jun 1907, Brodsworth Main Colliery, Yorkshire.
iii. WILLIAM O'HARA, b. Ireland; married Mary Anne KILGALLON. Had three children William ( last known residing in Belgium in 1949); John Patrick died in Canada possibly 1999 and Mary Catherine
iv. JOHN O'HARA, b. Abt. 1883, Ireland. - was in Liverpool in 1901 census living with Martin
Any info would be great
by Michelle O'Hara
403. Greetings to the Klan O'Hara. 35 from Sacramento in Northern California. My father is Walter James born to John O'Hara and Helen Gilfoyle in NY. 1941. My 2 brothers are Jeffray Scott 40, and Brian James 20, all in California. I have 2 boy's Michael Sean jr. and Dillan James...all boy's.Just doing my part to keep the name alive. " When Irish eyes are smiling, watch your...back!"
by Michael Sean O'Hara
404. Greetings all! Michael Scott O'Hara from BC Canada here. Son of James Milton O'Hara (born September 1929 in Calgary AB). Great site!
by Michael Scott O'Hara
405. Hi everyone I just want to add my name into this fantastic guest book. A big hello for the "West Midlands" England.
by Ian David O'Hara
406. heyy O'Hara's, hello from Victoria, Canada. thought i'd sign this lovely lovely guestbook. hopefully i'll get the chance to meet some of you someday, maybe on a random day the next time im in Ireland. byeee xx
by Karyn O'Hara
407. Hi O'Haras, My full name is Mary Shawn O'Hara-Smith. I am beginning to create my family tree. I did not know how many O'Haras there were!!! WOW! My Father was born and raised in Rochestor NY (Thomas Patrick O'Hara) Hope to write to some of you in the future.
by Shawn O'Hara-Smith
408. Searching for my father Michael J. O'Hara Jr.
My father Michael John O'Hara Jr. was born in Brooklyn New York by a NYPD father, and he was in the US Air Force when he meet mother in Philippines in 1965-1966, and i was born in may 26,1967. My Dad left for the states when i was just a few months old and my mother and i never heard of him again.I want to get to know and meet him because my mother told me a lot about him and now i am 38 years old and i have two daughters Caitlin 11 years old and Christine 6 years old. I want him to know his grandchildren because we love him and miss him so much. Currently,I live here in San Diego California with my two daughters, and i would love to know my real father Michael John O'Hara Jr. Can your office help me to find him please.
Donna Kathleen Gaco O'Hara
by Donna Kathleen Gaco O'Hara
409. hi to all you O'Haras out there, never knew we were so widespread. I'm an aul hand and new to modern technology. My father's people came from Crebilly Co.Antrim; there is a family burial plot there, love to hear from anyone out there who is from that area.
by George O'Hara
410. I'm IBM - Irish By Marriage, and somehow ended up being the keeper of the family history. Our branch is descended from Henry O'Hara, who arrived in upstate New York 1848, and married Mary Langan (both of Co. Mayo) in 1851. Any cousins, please drop a note!
by Amy O'Hara
413. hi to all the o'hara's. my name is mikala o'hara, sister of james j o'hara further down the page (message no. 358). i was born and live in bury, lancs. trying to find out info on my grandads parents james o'hara and sarah? came from ireland possibly co.mayo. can anyone help??
by Mikala O'Hara
414. Looking for anyone who might of heard of Clonard Confectionarys on Falls Road circa 1930; names Joesph and Shiela O'Hara
thank you, Maureen
by Maureen Macfarlane nee O'Hara
415. Searching for other family members
Hi, I am from Ausralia and reside in Victoria, searching for family, Grandparents lived in Whyalla South Australia. Fathers name John, possibly had a sister Dorothy Bell?
Would be interested to hear from any other family members.
Brian John O'Hara
by Brian John O'Hara
416. I'm Viv G O'Hara, one of the earliest signatories, from Anglesey in Wales UK. Hey, its great to see so many of us have visited and signed in since this Book was started. In the O'Hara family there is a Book of O'Hara written by the family Bard called Higgins. It tells of the history of the family and the brave deeds of the Clan and its leaders. Our name in old irish means.....sharp and to the point.Its so true of the many O's I've met up to now. I'd like to re-create this ancient book but this time as a record of all of us in a family tree format.........so e-mail me your details to firstname.lastname@example.org We are a very capable and successful bunch.......be proud of your name . It goes back to 900AD.
by Viv Gervaise O'Hara
417. I am very proud to be an O'Hara. I was named afer my father who was named after his. My Grandfather was awarded the Silver and Broze star awards in the pacific during World War Two for valor.
by Francis Patrick O'Hara Junior
418. Hi to all the O'Hara's...what a great name
I live in The Netherlands at the moment and I am from Enniscrone, Co.Sligo. My Father is Eamonn O'Hara from Co.Sligo and my Grandfather was James O'Hara also from Co.Sligo.I know our name originally comes from Co.Sligo so no doubt we are some how related to the High Kings of Ireland!! .
by Fiona O'Hara
419. Hello from Russia
Hello everyone. Just found this site and would like to add my name to it as well. Originally from Park End area of Middlesbrough now living in Normanby. Im currently working over in Sakhalin Island Russia. Feel free to drop me a note if you want. Cheers
by Tony O'Hara
420. Good Day to all fellow members of the O'Hara family
My grandfather, James came to Australia from Crebilly, Co.Antrim, in the 1800s. His parents were Richard O'Hara and Rebecca Ann (Kelly). He was born around 1867. Regards to all of the Family O'Hara.
by Bernard O'Hara
422. Seeking O'Hara Relatives
Hello to all the O'Hara's!! I stumbled upon this site by accident and I must say it is fabulous! Anyway, my grandfather is Andrew (went by Lester - his middle name), married to Helen F Hayn. My ggrandfather was Patrick O'Hara m to Daisy Snyder. My gggrandfather was Patrick O'Hara also, m to Jane (last name??). I do know that my ggrandfather Patrick was born in Erie PA, he had a sister Ann or Anna who lived near Roanoke, IN. That's about it. Anyone have anything that fits with this bit of info? Let me know. Thanks bunches!
Dana (O'Hara) Dollahan
by Dana (O'Hara) Dollahan
424. John / James O'Hara and Catherine Winton
Catherine died giving birth to my grandfather James Winton O'Hara/Harrie in 1885. Any information about them and the Swaneys all from Leith would be greatly appreciated
Graham O'Harae, Australia.
Also contactable on: email@example.com
by Graham O'Harae
425. O'Hara's of Rush, Dublin, Ireland
Looking for information on the O'Hara's of Rush, Dublin, Ireland. Large family consisting of possibly 13 children (John I, Thomas, James, Joseph, Anne, John II, Eleanor, William, Mary Ann, Francis, Alice and Louis) born in that order between 1827-1850. Some emigrated to the Boston area (John II, and Francis) in the 1850's, possibly others.
My great, great grandfather John II married a Margaret and lived on Henchmann Street in North End according to the 1880 census. He worked as a laborer, then as a fish monger. His brother Francis settled in Boston, then Winchester and started FJ O'Hara Fisheries. One manifest shows Francis and his daughter Hanora returned to the US from Austrailia (maybe to visit family?) Rumor has it some/many of the 13 children emigrated there. Any help appreciated.
by Mark O'Hara
428. The O'Hara's of Drumina, near Tubbercurry, Co.Sligo, Eire
We are the O'Hara's of Drumina, just outside Tubbercurry on the Balina Rd, Co Sligo, Connaught, Eire. My name Desmond was chosen by my Mother who is from Munster. Our parents brought themselves looking for work into England running various London pubs through the 1960's- 90's inclusive.
Our grandfather was Michael, who had 2 sons, eldest being Patrick, & my uncle Eamon. Eamon went to Newcastle England & had 4 sons, ( my first cousins ) in order of birth Michael, Sean, junior Eamon, & Liam, some of these have sons too. Can we add these to your O'Hara tree? Regards
Architect, Hampton London UK.
by Desmond O'Hara
431. Yet Another O'Hara, born in Rossendale, Lancashire, England
Seasons greetings to all O'Haras !
I was born in Rossendale, Lancashire, England. My Father was called Tom, my Grandfather George Thomas, my Gt Grandfather Michael and Gt Gt Grandfather Patrick. I would be delighted if any of you contacted me if you recognise these names.
Kevin Michael O'Hara
(Previous message: August 30, 2006)
A Hundred Thousand Welcomes to all O'Haras
My family and I now live in Worcester, England, but my Great Great Grandfather, Patrick, married to Mary (nee Sullivan, we think), came to Rossendale in Lancashire at time of potato famine. Don't know when he was born or where. They were in 1871 census as living in Dean, Rossendale Lancs. They had 7 children: Anne born 1868, John 1871, Mary 1875, Michael (my Great Grand Father) 1876, Thomas 1878, William 1881 and James 1884. Apart from James and Michael, who we know stayed in Rossendale we have no knowledge of the others so they could have moved anywhere in UK or the World.
Any info please get in touch. Love to hear from other cousins in any event.
Kevin Michael O'Hara
by Kevin Michael O'Hara
432. 200 O'Haras' here
My Great Grandfather John O'Hara born 1837 Ireland, died 1883 Boston Massachusetts.One of 13 siblings. He migrated from Rush, Dublin County Ireland to Boston Mass in 1860. At least two brothers followed: Frank J O'Hara arrived 1861 aged 13 and William, age unknown. I'm told some went to Sidney, Australia. My G.G.Grandfather was also John O'Hara and his wife Ellen Dunne (not positive). I'm told my G. Grandfather was a fisherman in Rush before he left. I'm looking for O'Haras' still in Rush, having a tough time, help would be appreciated.
The O'Haras' are great, I consider all O'Haras' as family
Edward L. O'Hara Revere, Mass
Second (guest-book) message
Hi all ,Ed O'Hara Revere, Massachusetts USA.There are 200 O'Haras nearby, all the same family My Great Grandfather, John o'Hara was born in Ireland in 1837. He was one of 13 children. He migeated to the U.S. from Rush,Dublin County Ire. ar. Boston Mass. in1860. Married Margaret Donohue (born dublin 1842,died Revere mass. (1926), Margaret came to US 1861. They lived in the Noth End of Boston, Mass. and had 8 children. John died 1883, age 46. Two of johns brothers also came to the US. Frank J O'Hara B 1847. Frank ar. US in 1861'William dob unk,ar in US 1864. I'm told My G G Grandfathers name was also john, he married Ellen Dunne. The family ended up some how in Rush. They were fishermen. Some of the other siblings migrated to Sidney, Australia. I am having a difficult,time locating any O'Haras who might still be living in Rush, or which ones went to Australia.Any info would be apreciated tel(collect).1 781 485 0732 US..or write Edward O'Hara 330 Beach St. Revere, Massachusetts 02151 USA I consider all O'Haras family.
by Edward L. O'Hara
433. Coopershill House, County Sligo, and the O'Haras
Hello to you and yours,
I think your correspondent Barbara Best (messages no. 193 & 198, no. 273 & no. 395) from London and I are connected somewhere. She is a carbon copy of an aunt on my fathers side. I understand that we hail from a distant grandfather who challenged Charles O'Hara ( was it him ?) when he transferred the estates into the name of his sisters only child, on he proviso that he change his name to O'Hara from Cooper. There was a court case over it I understand, dcided by whoever had the deepest pockets, I also understand. I had a factory in Ballyshannon in the 70's and 80's and met with Dermot O'Hara in Annaghmore and William in Coopershill House (Link). Dermot invited us to buy the place admitting that he wasn't really an O'Hara.........but it needed so muchwork that we chose not to. I'm now a Tax Practitioner on Anglesy, retired, but working harder than ever.
Viv G. O'Hara
Viv's previous (guest-book) messages: no. 4 & 5, no. 416
by Viv Gervaise O'Hara
434. Hi all. Just Sayiing Hello for all the O'Haras in Sault Ste. Marie, ON Canada
by Timothy Charles O'Hara
435. My two kids are the Spanish O´Haras: Arantxa Crucelaegui O´Hara and Ricardo Crucelaegui O´Hara. I´m Susan O´Hara and was born in Blackpool in 1951. My dad was Thomas O´Hara born in Leeds in 1913. I´m currently living in Madrid..
by Susan O´Hara
436. My my two children are also half spanish. Their names are Daniel junior O'Hara and Claudino Antonio O'Hara My name is Daniel O'Hara i was born in eastbourne uk in 1976 my father is anthony peter O'Hara born in Burnley in 1953 and his fathers name was Harvey.
by Daniel O'Hara
437. My name is Ellen Jane Gleason. I am one of six cheildren born to Martin J. O'Hara and Marjorie E. O'Hara. I was born in New Jersey in 1953. I think I may have a half brother perhaps named John born in 1946/47 on the Pacific Coast. I am looking for him; he has family that wants to meet him and love him. Our father died in 1981 and I think you were at his funeral. I understand he provided for you even though he had six other children. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org Contact me.
by Ellen Jane Gleason
438. im 21, im the Son of Richard F. O'Hara from East Boston / Winthrop Mass.. Im looking To find other family from around my area.. so please send me an email....
by Richard James O'Hara
440. Pittsburgh, PA O'Haras
Hello from the O'Haras from Pittsburgh.
I am Robert Joseph O'Hara, III, son of Robert Jr, son of Robert Sr. I am one of 8 kids. My dad was one of 4, (2 sisters, Patricia (3 kids) and Peggy (deceased, no children) and on brother, Jack (deceased, 3 or 4 kids; moved to near Columbus, Ohio). My grandfather was with the post office for his entire career, retiring as post master general for a larger area north of Pittsburgh. We are planning a trip to Ireland this summer and I am trying to learn more about where our Irish ancestors are from. This site is helpful.
Best regards to all O'Haras around the world!
Robert Joseph "R.J." O'Hara, III
by Robert Joseph "R.J." O'Hara, III
441. Born in Singapore, 27th Dec 1982, from Gordon Maurice O'Hara
by Patricia Ann O'Hara
442. E-mail addition: email@example.com
by Edward R. O'Hara
444. HELLO TO ALL YOU OHARA'S OUT THERE..... FROM GLASGOW................
by Patrick O'Hara
445. Hello O'Hara Cousins
I'm Francis Xavier O'Hara.
I was born August 29th 1955 to John Francis & Mary Patricia Raines-O'Hara in San Francisco, Calif.
I stumbled across your website. Can i get the oharas alias “Francis@oharas.com” ?
Francis Xavier O'Hara
by Francis Xavier O'Hara
446. My Grandfather Charles Lee O'Hara from Augusta, Maine
I'm trying to develop information regarding my grandfather's parents. He was born in Augusta Maine around 1883 and had a brother, John. I've found nothing for him or his brother.
Does anyone know anything about the O'Haras from Augusta, Maine?
by Sean O'Hara
447. Hi OHARAS this is liam here just saying hi .i'm from ireland and was raised in toronto. My entire family is irish.
by Liam James O'Hara
448. Proud to be an O'Hara
Our O'Hara tree goes back to John O'Hara & Martha Miller 1819; we are looking for their parents or siblings, born in Antrim Ireland. We have Charle's family & Henery's family but also looking for Alexander, John & Samuel O'Hara. They went to Ayrshire Scotland 1856. Happy to hear if you have any information.
We live in Queensland, Australia. Keep up the good work, great guestbook.
Kerrie & John O'Hara
by Kerrie & John O'Hara
449. I'm an O'Hara, I'm not spanish but I'm peruvian and I know the spanish language, nice to know some spanish speaking O'Hara people!
by Charles O'Hara -the third-
450. I'm a O'Hara fron NJ. Father is Edward Michael O'Hara named after his father. Mother is Shirley Alu. Have lived in NJ all my life. Father was born in Paterson. Grandfather Edward O'Hara lived in Saddle Brook, NJ until he died of cancer in the mid-80's. Any info would be cool.
by Jason Edward O'Hara
451. Trying to trace my father James O'Hara's ancestry
My name is Colleen (O'Hara) Weibel. I am in the initial process of trying to trace my father's ancestry. His name was James O'Hara and he came to Canada in approximately 1940 from Armagh. He joined the Canadian Armed Forces in Quebec. He lived in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. He died in 1967 at an approximate age of 75 years. He has two children in Canada myself, and Edward James O'Hara. I would like to know if I can post on your message board for any information. Thank you,
Colleen (O'Hara) Weibel
by Colleen (O'Hara) Weibel
452. Hi! I posted a message last March 22, 2008 but it seems that it didn't get through. Anyways, I'm from the Philippines and I would like to know more about my great grandfather James O'Hara, a Thomasite Teacher who came to the Phils. in 1908. He's from Ohio. So if there's anybody out there who know much about him, please contact me through my e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
by Edward R. O'Hara
454. my name is kate o'hara. I would love to contact Shelia O'Hara from kilglass co Sligo. she came to Phelidelphia in the mid 50ts. I am in Cleveland ohio
by Kate O'Hara
455. I work for the rail road, my whole family, as far as I know, has or is, working for the rail road. I'm looking for family or O'Haras working for the railroad. I know this is a long connected sentence.
by John Paul O'Hara
456. Born in Hampshire, England in 1952 to Patricia (Pat) O'Hara and later adopted by Grandparents James Joseph (Pat) O'Hara and Dorothy Grace O'Hara. Longer family roots lie in Bray, ROI. Proud of the name and the heritage.
by James Patrick (Joseph) O'Hara
457. only name and e-mail given.
by John Kenneth O'Hara
458. Hi, my name is alex and i'm from toronto. I am related to the Liam O'Hara a few pages over (this guest book, March 28), in fact we are brothers. i wasn't from ireland but i've been there.
by Alex O'Hara
459. Hi, Me & my family all reside in India, I would be glad to know more about my Grandfather Phillip O'Hara, if any of you do so please feel free to pen down a few line.
by Clive O'Hara
461. Hi, I was hoping to find Terry O'Hara from my newspaper days in Maine in the early 90's. Thanks so much, Deborah Marshall.
by Deborah Marshall
467. Hi... I'm Scott Patrick O'Hara, My father's name is Brian O'Hara, my grandfather was James Micheal O'Hara who was an organist for silent movies and pianist in night clubs ... we are from the Boston Mass. and Hartford Connecticut area ... Looking for information of my family prior to that ...
by Scott Patrick O'Hara
468. Would like any information regarding Mary O'Hara / Petracco. Have lost Contact
by Edward M. O'Hara
469. Father's family originally from Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. Father's name - John, Grandfather's name - Alfred.
by Bill O'Hara
470. Bradford, West Yorkshire, England – O'Hara's
thought i`d set down some more of the o`hara clan in bradford, west yorkshire england: douglas o`hara, tennyson o`hara, ezzanda o`hara, lennon o`hara, lincoln o`hara, callan o`hara, vienna o`hara, and in moreton, cheshire luke thomas o`hara and shannon o`hara,
regards to all of you out there !
by Eric O'Hara
473. Anyone know of Charles O'Hara who married Bedelia Conboy, he was born in Sligo 1875 and had 14 children, Charles lived in Manchester, Tommy lived in Stockton on Tees, Jack lived in Sunderland, Eileen, Birdie and Kitty lived in Birmingham. I would love to hear from any of you. I live in Birmingham.
by Pat Troam O'Hara
475. James O'Hara, arrived Boston/Brookline, Ma. from Ireland in 1860s
I am the Great Grandson of James O'Hara, and I was born in Boston in 1959. My father was Sargeant Arthur J. (James) O'Hara from Roxbury, Massachusetts. He was one of 11 children from Roxbury, Massachusetts, and his Grandfather was James, who arrived from Ireland in 1860 on the HMS Diligent, commisioned out of Cork.
My father's Dad was William O'Hara (James's son) who was the caretaker of St. Francis de Sales Church in Roxbury. William was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts in the 1890's. I believe he came from Sligo or Donnegal, and if you have any information you can provide - please contact me. I have many family photos to share.
by Robert O'Hara
477. Looking for relatives in Canada
Hello to all the O'Hara's
I am looking for relatives in Canada. My father William Vincent O'Hara was born in Bonniconlon, Co. Mayo, Ireland. He moved to Brooklyn, New York and married and had six children. I have met relatives in Ireland and England. I know he had a sister named Belle who moved to Canada, I don't know if she had children.
by Joan O'Hara
478. My name is paul o'hara, was born in eastbourne in 1979. my dad is anthony peter o'hara from burnley. i have two children a son called brody who is 16 months old and a daughter called tiana who is 10 weeks old.
by Paul O'Hara
479. I'm looking for roots of my parents: Duane Leo O'Hara (1913-1954), and mother, Katherine Cleo Striegel. Granfather is Thomas G. O'Hara, and grandmother is Laura Kelliher. I was separated in 1953.
by James Michael O'Hara
480. Hello! I just discovered this page and its really sweet. I didn't realize I had such a legacy out there. I'm an O'Hara living in PA near Pittsburgh. How would I go about finding my geneology?
by Neal O'Hara
481. Hi, I'm Reniery O'Hara from Honduras. I wrote a letter to you in August 2001 (Link: http://www.oharas.com/letters/oharacastro.html) about my great grandfather Patrick O'Hara and and my grandfather Juan O'Hara (who died in July 2004 aged 98). I am still hoping that someone will reply. Well, thanks a lot for managing this site and giving us a sense of union despite the distance and culture.
by Reniery José O'Hara Castro
482. Hi, just popped in to see if I recognized anyone. My name is Gidget O'Hara from Baltimore, MD. My father was James Leo O'Hara and his father was Thomas O'Hara. Somewhere there exists a 3 generation picture (Baltimore paper?) of My brother Thomas, our father and grandfather. Maybe one day I'll find it. Cheers to all the O'Hara's!
by Gidget Joyce Lynn O'Hara
483. What a great Site ! You can find some pics of me at: www.starline-entertainment.de - Best wishes to all O'Haras. God bless you all ! .
by Tom O'Hara
485. So many O´Haras! But I´m searching for just one Canadian Jim. He visited us, Tuula and Antti, in the year 1975. We live in Finland near the town of Vammala.
by Tuula Puraslahti
486. We wish you and yours a Merry and Joyous Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful and Prosperous 2009.
From: Rena, Arthur, Joanne, Arthur Jnr., Karen and Kathryn O'Hara
by Arthur O'Hara
487. Looking for James/ Jack/ John O'Hara (born Sligo, 1870s or 1880s) who emigrated to Australia
I'm trying to trace a granduncle James/Jack/John O'Hara from Sligo who went to Australia at the time of the great gold rush. He was son to Michael O'Hara (1847-1923) and Lucy Hart (1853-1929). They had the following 8 children:
Michael (1890-1958; my grandfather)
and James/Jack/John (born somewhere between 1873 and 1890)
Would anybody have any information on where I could start searching, or would any of your members have come across him during their searches in Australia. Would appreciate any help I can get.
Many thanks & Happy New Year 2009,
by Deirdre O'Hara
488. Looking for Richard Elwood/ Denise/ or Brandon O'Hara
Just looking to reconnect with family. My biological grandfather ran off when my dad was quite young, and I never actually knew him. My father (Steven) was in the military, so we ended up moving a few times, and lost track of my Aunt Denise and my cousin Brandon. Last time I heard, they lived in Georgia (Warner Robins City?).
If anyone has any info, I'd gladly appreciate it! Thanks-
by Jen O'Hara
489. My O'Hara Family from South Boston
We are looking for information about Thomas William O'Hara born 3/3/1874 in South Boston.
Charles O'Hara (b.1849) was the father of William Bernard, John, Charles Francis, Peter Thomas, Cornelius, Winifred, Mary Ellen, Isabelle, Marcella, Thomas William, Thomas John, and Charles.
Charles O'Hara had married married Catherine Conley in 1870 in South Boston. We are looking for baptismal information for Charles and information for Catherine Conley.
Best wishes to all
William (Bill) O'Hara
by William (or Bill) O'Hara
491. Patrick, Michele, Patrick Martin and Marissa Frances O'Hara's all say HELLO
by Patrick O'Hara (from South Jersey)
492. My Father was William Raymond O'Hara. I'm just starting a trace.
by Edward John O'Hara III
494. Does anyone know of the whereabouts of Frances 0'Hara Thompson? She is my godmother and I am trying to trace her, last heard of in Winchester Hampshire, was a radiologist.
by Frances Faulkner
497. Looking for information on Dennis O'Hara who married Elizabeth Hahn (early 1880s)
I am looking for any information regarding Dennis O’Hara who married Elizabeth Hahn. They had Andrew J. P. O’Hara in Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, on December 30, 1883; he died on August 8, 1910. Andrew was married to Mary Keeley (born on January 23, 1884) on June 28, 1905 in Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania. After he died in 1910 she remarried Edward Appel on November 11, 1920, in Coatesville, Chester County, Pennsylvania. Andrew and Mary O’Hara were the parents of Marie, Dorothy and Thomas (my grandfather).
If anyone has any information about this family, particularly the original Dennis and Elizabeth O’Hara, I would be so grateful.
Erin Go Brah,
Pamela O’Hara Huff
by Pamela O’Hara Huff
498. The O'Hara Family from Neale, Killimor, County Galway
I am currently searching the O'Hara family from Neale, Killimor, County Galway. My great great grandfather was Michael O'Hara, married to Ann (Bridget) Brehony from Tynagh. They were married on June 18th 1870.
Can anyone help with more information?
by Gerry O'Hara
499. Greetings Clan! I had found this site some time ago but had forgotten about it (whoops) Its still good. Best wishes to all, Chris.
by Chris O'Hara (4)
501. Lost O'Hara Family
I'm Chris, son of John James,Grandson of James O'Hara and Sarah (Haynes).
Could anyone contact me with any information concerning the Galway O'Hara's in/around the Tuam area. My Father, John (living in England) was beleived to be the last in the family line, not so. Last contact was around 1950.
Thanks er... cousins.
Christopher F O'Hara
PS. See also messages 149 and 247
by Christopher F. O'Hara
502. hello. my name is Danice O'Hara. i'm from the philippines and i am a descendant of James O'Hara, an American thomasite who went here in the philippines to teach eduaction a long long time ago. i would just want to say that there are many O'Haras here in the philippines as well. and i'm quite surprised that we O'Haras have a family crest. if you are well informed about our last name's history please do inform me. thankyou!. please do email me here: email@example.com
by Danice O'Hara
503. My father: Delmar T. O'Hara
I saw the following on your site under Lists of Renowned O'Haras:
O'Hara, Delmar T. (*1916), Lawyer, company executive. II 450, 311
This is my father. WC Bunting is the company he founded. I am curious what "II 450, 311" means.
Biograhical details about my father: he was born November 10th 1916 and passed away on December 7th 1978 at the tender age of 62. He had five children born between 1947 and 1958: Delmar Terrence O'Hara (12/7/47), Timothy Mark O'Hara (11/30/49), Kathleen Ann O'Hara Hursh (10/18/51), Becky Jane O'Hara Gendreau (9/10/56) and me, Patrick Thomas O'Hara (11/10/58). I don't know if it means anything, but I think it's fascinating that he shares a birthday with his youngest son and passed away on the birthday of his eldest son.
National Sales Manager
WC Bunting Co
1425 Globe St
PS. Dad was also in the State Legislature of Ohio.
Extract from the Webmaster's Reply
The reference numbers "II 450, 311" are found on page 2797 (volume 7) of the American Biographical Index, 2nd cumulated and enlarged edition (ABI), which contains a summary of the information contained about more than 488,000 persons featured in the American Biographical Archive (ABA) and the American Biographical Archive, Series II (ABA II). Completed in 1996 ABA II is a cumulation of 127 biographical reference works published to 1980 and reproduced in a single alphabetical sequence of 734 microfiches. ABA and ABA II together cover a total of 502 biographical reference works contained on 2576 microfiches. The reference "II 450 311" therefore means: ABA II, microfiche no. 450 and frame no. 311. That frame contains a photographic copy of the entries about your father in two biographical reference works, namely Who's Who and Midwest.
by Patrick Thomas O'Hara
505. How does one get into the database? Sharon O'Hara, Director Center for Community Action & Training (CCAT), 448 Ignacio Blvd, #148, Novato, CA 94949, ph: 415.493.5722, fx: 415.634.3224, firstname.lastname@example.org
Webmaster's reply: I have added your name to the List of Contributors to the Database
by Sharon O'Hara
506. I will have to sign in from down-under. [AUSTRALIA- for those unitiated] My gggrandfather was Thomas who married 1st cousin Sarah. Both hailed from Greahdosan, Cavan, Ireland. Contact welcome.
by Colin O'Hara
508. Updating message posted in 2003
Just giving everyone a quick update about me, Lionel Hamilton O'Hara: born 1956 of Desmond Hamilton and grandson of Edward Hamilton, have 2 children Harrison Hamilton (born 1989) and Holly Mitzie Elizabeth (born 1994), reside in the UK with both children, have danced on moon beams across the Indian Ocean and sat in solitude upon mountains high, lived, loved and laughed a lot.
My son Harrison is now at University in the UK reading Construction Management. My daughter is going to be a famous actress ... she told me so but first she has to attend school.
Lionel Hamilton O'Hara
Original messages: 103 & 104
by Lionel OHara
509. My name is Colin O'Hara (26), I am from Cavan. My Father was born in Sligo.
by Colin O'Hara
512. Seeking further information about ancestors
My great grandfather John O'Hara was born circa 1819 in the Ballymena, Antrim area. His wife was Martha Millar and they had six children: Alexander b. 1841; Jane,b.1844; Charles, b.1846; Henery b.1847; John, b 1850; Samuel, b 1854. They then moved to Scotland where Margaret was born1/3/1857.
We have 650 descendants in the family tree but know nothing about the descendants of the youngest three children, John, Samuel & Margaret.
Would love to hear from their descendants please.
Charles Robert O'Hara
by Charles Robert O'Hara
513. Hello my name is Jennie O'Hara from Minnesota. I am currently researching my grandfather John Terrence O'Hara b. 08/12/1880 had children with Minnie Leyde, however, never married. Resided in Minneapolis, MN. All I have to go on is a WWI Registration Card for him. I'm looking for any information I can get. It has been said that he was born in New York. Family has mentioned that his mother lived in Duluth or Two Harbors, MN.
by Jennie M. O'Hara
514. If anyone knows me contact me ...
Born In Newark New Jersey 12-05-1972; graduted Union High School Union NJ.
Father James Patrick O'Hara Sr. Mother Luz Digna Melendez O'Hara.
James Patrick O'Hara Jr.
by James Patrick O'Hara Jr.
516. I would like the e-mail of Dermot and Rosemary O'Hara, I was babysitting during summer 19.. looking after the lovely Kean and the so charming Durcan. I enjoyed so much the welcome, and "la joie et les taquineries" of Dermot during my summer at Annaghmore ! Dermot learn me driving his land rover in the parc, and I remember a wonderful and terrific morning in the zodiac for picking up the "casiers" of lobsters.
From the Webmaster's Reply: In the Sligo Weekender I found the following death notice (Tuesday, November 01, 2005): «BEREAVEMENT: Sincere sympathy is extended to Dermot O'Hara and family on the recent death of his wife, Rosemary, late of Annaghmore».
From Emmanuelle de Schompré's Reply: Your mail confirms that is indeed the family of Dermot O'Hara and it is with sadness I read about the death of Rosemary. I thank you very much for your research; it is so great a souvenir for me.
by Emmanuelle de Schompré
518. Looking for Patrick O'Hara from Ottawa Ontario Canada. I am looking for Patick O'Hara who was looking for Sean O'Hara who married Marcia Latty in MO Bay Jamaica.
by Donna Moreland O'Hara
519. Grandfather Jerry O'Hara came to Canada and then to SW Missouri (c. 1900)
My grandparents (Jerry O'Hara and Mamie Normile) came to Canada and then to SW Missouri. I don't have the facts in front of me but will say it was around 1900. They had six sons (James, Paul, Brian, Mark, and Clarence) and one daughter (Ruth). In the 30s and 40s the farm failed and all of the boys dispersed from SW Missouri (Ruth died in her youth). There are still some relatives back there.
I am the third child of Paul and Dorthy (Kennedy). I live in Georgia now.
Jerald Patrick O'Hara
by Jerald Patrick O'Hara
520. Dennis O'Hara from Ireland who married Elizabeth Hahn
Is anyone related to Dennis O'Hara from Ireland who married Elizabeth Hahn?
They had Charles b. 10/13/1882, Andrew b. 12/30 1883, Edward b. 2/2/1887, Ann b. 10/13, 1888, Helen b. 8/5/1890 and Elizabeth b. 12/23/1891.
They were members of St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Chester Heights, PA and lived in Lenni, PA.
Pam O'Hara Huff
by Pamela O’Hara Huff
521. My father was William Joseph O'Hara
My father was William Joseph O'Hara he had 2 sisters Mary and Margaret both never married.
He Married Margaret C Bunce they had 8 children; Mary Jane,William,Pam,Francis,Gerard,Gerald, Margot and Kathleen. The parents lived in NYC and moved to Ridgewood NJ.
Any info would help.
Gerard T O'Hara
by Gerard T O'Hara
522. I am looking for information on my great-grandfather John "Jack" Terrence O'Hara. I have a WWI Registration Card to go off of. He was born 08/12/1880 in New York. He moved at some point to Minnesota. Did not marry but had approx. 9 children with Minnie Leyde. Children are: Fern Alice, John T, Daniel, Donald, Thomas, Frank, Leo, Patrick, Mary Jane... birth years range from 1914 to 1927. If anyone has any information regarding John I would greatly appreciate it.
by Jennie M. O'Hara
525. My name is Kathryn O'Hara from Skaneateles Falls, NY. If anyone knows anything about O'Hara's from that area please email. I'm trying to research my family tree.
by Kathryn O'Hara
530. O'Haras in Australia / Rush, Ireland
I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I am looking for family members in Australia descending from Joseph O'Hara and Margaret Carroll who arrived in Australia about 1864. I would like to hear from any descendant of the O'Hara clan from Rush, Ireland.
by William O'Hara
533. Hi, im liam and i can't believe how many people know of this site. I found it a few years back but i never made an entry, but i am now. I was canadian born but have pretty much a full Irish background. I've been to ireland and i just loved it. When its time i'll for sure move there. So to all the O'Hara's i wish you the best.
by Liam James O'Hara
535. Richard O'Hara took sons Richard (10-12 yrs) and Patrick (8-10) to US, early 1930s
I don't know where to start this story, it seems so sad and unreal to me, how little i know about my family and myself. It reads like a bad movie script but apparently it's true. I hope it makes some sense to someone. Shortly before my father died he informed me that he had some half brothers that our family never knew about.
Well here goes ... my father, George O'Hara was born 4th june 1928 in Dublin Ireand. He was born outside of wedlock; both his parents had been recently widowed and became a couple for a few years but later broke up and he was reared by his mother (first marriage name Conway, maiden name Uzell). His father was Richard O'Hara (unknown age) who had two sons from his first marriage. Their names were Richard and Patrick O'Hara born in the late 1910's or early 1920's. Their birth mother had died giving birth and they were removed from their fathers care by the Irish State and placed in Artane Industrial School - a shamefull practice from Ireland's recent history which has shocked my nation because of the abuse suffered by individuals in these institutions.
When wy father was only 2 or 3 years old (circa 1930/3) his father Richard broke his two other sons, Richard roughly aged 10-12 and Patrick roughly aged 8-10 out of the industrial school and tried to take my father from his mother's home but she managed to chase him away and never seen him again. At this point it is believed that his father took the other boys to the United States, unknown location, as this is what my father was told by other members of his family.
So if anyone knows of a Richard O'Hara who immigrated to the United States with his two sons Richard (10-12 yrs)and Patrick (8-10) in the early 1930s and came from Dublin, Ireland with what some might think are tall tales like the one I have recited, could they please contact me. I know these peolpe are most likely deceased as my father was 77 years old when he told me this story before he died, but they may have had families that are still alive.
It amazes me and saddens me to the bottom of my hearth how little I know about my family only one generation back.
by Dermot O'Hara
536. Looking for information about Bruce O'Hara. He was born 1952, New York city. He was one of a couple of brothers and sisters given in adoption and separated from each other. So if you have any information send it to my email, Cire.
537. This site is really cool, i always wanted to know the history of my last name and how many people had it in America. I hope more people get on the this site.
by Thomas O'Hara (2)
538. Hi All,
Just came across this website, congratulations and keep it up. I have a family tree going back to the 1880's with about ten O'Haras from Coolgraine, Foxford Co Mayo. I need to figure out how to scan it and send it on. We had a reunion two years ago and was represented by five generation which was nice. Although born in Foxford Co, Mayo, I live in Clonmel Tipperary since 1979. I have two sons who played GAA football for Tipperary - What a waste of Mayo Blood !. I was a member of Clonmel Corporation 1987 to 1992 and served as Mayor Of Clonmel 1990-1991 as a member of the Fine Gael Party. Keep up the good work
Dominick O'Hara PC.
by Dominick O'Hara PC
540. Descendants of Seán Lách O'Hara
This is the family tree of Seán Lách O'Hara, born in Colgraine near Foxford Co Mayo in the mid 1800s. It may be of some use to fellow O'Haras on the website
If interested go to pdf file and enlarge (200-400%)
Regards, Dominick O'Hara PC
by Dominick O'Hara PC
542. I was looking for some family history and I found this and it is very interesting. Thank you.
by Eoan O'Hara Mays
544. Looking for relatives in Ireland and America
Hi, great web site, there are so many O'Haras out there!
My dad is Jim O'Hara, he has 4 brothers, William, Tam, Gerard and Robert. Their father was William O'Hara and their mother was Agnes or Nancy O'Hara. We live in Bathgate, Scotland. My grandfather's father was Pat O'Hara who I believe is from County Mayo.
If anyone thinks they are related it would be great to hear from you!!!.
by James O'Hara7
545. I am looking to find my Father's family. They are from Bonsboro PA, from what I was told. My Father's name was Lester Merle O'Harrah and Moved to NC sometime in the 1950's. My Father never returded to PA and I never met his family. I belive he had one brother and one sister but I am not sure. Any information would be appreciated.
by Timothy P. O'Harrah
551. John & Martha O'Hara born circa 1819
See also: Previous message (No. 512)
Like my relative John Marshall O'Hara in Melbourne (Message 384) I am too am keen to learn more about my forebears who emigrated from Antrim (Ballymena?) to Scotland between 1853 and 1857.
Charles Robert O'Hara
by Charles Robert O'Hara
552. Hi to all the O'Hara's. I didnt realize that there was so many of us. My dad, Patrick Joseph, was originally from Mooncoin, Co. Kilkenny. His dad, John, served in the British Army during the Great War and subsequently in India for a number of years. Just curious.
by Edward O'Hara1
554. More O'Hara's than you can shake a stick at — Hello from Sandusky, Ohio, USA. Can't wait to show my father Patrick LeRoy O'Hara (86) in Youngstown, OH. He will be thrilled to see so many with the family name
by Maureen O'Hara
555. Santiago O'Hara (died 1881) was a National Hero of Peru
I'm from Perú, my father's grandfather was a grandson of an inmigrant from Liverpool called Bernard O'Hara Coor; his son Santiago O'Hara was a National Hero because he died in the "Batalla de Miraflores" (Battle of Miraflores).
by Fabio O'Hara
557. James and Jane (Nee McKowen) O'Hara from Fintona, Tyrone, Ireland
Trying to locate more details of this family.
John (son) and Sarah (daughter) emigrated to New Zealand in 1875 and 1879 respectively. James (Jnr) emigrated to USA about the same time. No further contact from him or location where he went. James and Jane remained in Fintona. We are desendants of John in NZ.
Any information would be gratefully recieved
David John O'Hara
by David John O'Hara
558. Trying to find information about my grandfather Matthew M. O'Hara (c.1871-1949)
Hi O'Hara Clan,
I am trying to find information about a Matthew M. O'Hara, my grandfather. His date of birth is about 1871, death 1949.
He married Nora M. Lynch in Chicago. They had four children: Therese, James, John Joseph (Jack) and Noreen.
Caron R. O'Hara Davis
by Caron R. O'Hara Davis
559. Hi from California. Trying to locate family related to my father, Francis O'Hara (6/18/03 - 9/28/55) of Malden, MA. His mother was Rose Kane of MA and father John Henry Kane of Boston. Great grandparents were James F. O'Hara (O'Hare) and Elisa (Eliza) Pugh of Antrim, Ireland. Thanks for any information.
by Gail O'Hara Sollazzo
561. I'm wondering if, in anyone's research, someone has come across a Clarence Mervin O'Hara, my grandfather, or a Randall Clarence O'Hara, my father. Im curious to find my family history.
by Justin O'Hara
564. Hi, I am looking for family in Belfast, Northern Ireland ...O'Hara's of course ... My Dad is Joe O'Hara ... his brother was Jim and his sister, my aunt, was Roisin O'Hara ... Please contact me if anyone thinks we may be related or if you may know any of my family ... It would mean so much to me>>>Thanks so much to all the O'Hara's ...
by Roisin A. O'Hara
566. Sligo > Boston O'Haras
I am always looking for information on Charles O'Hara. He wrote b 1849 in Sligo on his paper work. Items such as the naturalization papers simply say Charles. Some thoughts to the names of his parents via naming system inference suggest that he wrote differing names on his marriage registration in South Boston.
He disappears on the US census for a bit, he might have moved from Boston for a spell. I have a whole bunch of relatives of his descent tracked. I can not find any record of him. He might not have been Catholic.
by Bill O'Hara1
568. My father Patrick John O'Hara was born in 1930, either in Ireland or in the U.S. He resided in the Chicago area, where he was a mechanic in the 1960s, and he died in 1987.
by Duane Patrick O'Hara
569. Hello there, I am looking for Sheila O'Hara. I met her in Senegal in 1982. She was then an American Peace Corps volunteer. She left Senegal in in 1983 or 1984. My email is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org; thanks.
by Bakary Diallo
572. My grandfather was John J. O'Hara from near Scranton, PA
My grandfather was John J. O'Hara from near Scranton Pa. I think he worked on the Erie Lackawanna RR; he may have been an orphan from St. Johns Orphanage. He married Francis Kramer - guess about 1900 in Scranton. He had 3 children, Margaret Agnes, Joseph Frances and Nicholas Lawrence, all dead.
I am Joseph's daughter. They moved early 1900s to Brooklyn, New York. I know he married into a German family (Brills, Spohrer, Hammerschmidts etc.) That is all I know about his life in Pa.
Patricia A. O'Hara
by Patricia A. O'Hara
576. Looking for my father Michael Robert O'Hara, born 1947 or 1948 in Ireland or Montreal
My name is Michael Ryan O'Hara-Hanson, I live in Regina, Saskatchewan and I was born August 1st, 1986. I'm looking for my father Michael Robert O'Hara, born around April 13, 1947 or 1948. I don't have much info on him. He lived in Regina, Saskatchewan and may have been born in Ireland or Montreal. My mother is Marion and did not take his last name but was never married to him.
If anyone can help me with any leads or any information I would be grateful. I am aware that a Michael Robert O'Hara is posted here but he's 23. I am 23 years old and have been at this for 5 years.
Thank you all,
Michael (Mickey) Ryan O'Hara-Hanson
by Michael (Mickey) Ryan O'Hara-Hanson
577. John O'Hara (1782-1846) from Londonderry / Derry to Kentucky
We've traced our lineage back to John O'Hara (1782-1846), who is said to have been brought over from Ireland by James O'Hara (1754-1819) (Link) of Pittsburgh, PA. We don't know if these men were related (son & father?, cousins?, no relation?), which is a questions that would be nice to answer. There is much written about James, but nothing further about his relationship to John other than bringing him from Ireland. We are also interested in learning something of our Irish roots.
1. Reuben Rowland, Reverend 1743-1807 + Anna Blalock 1749-1829
2. Melario (Mildred) Rowland 1784-1856 + John O'Hara 1782-1846
3. William O'Hara 1804-1866 + Mary Francis Cartwright 1818-1848
4. William Francis (Wish) O'Hara 1847-1909 + Millie Jane Lyall 1864-1928
5. Reuben Rowland O'Hara 1890-1948 + Alma Jean Appel 1893-1974
6. Robert William (Bill) O'Hara 1925-2006 + Mary Ellen Sullivan 1923-1978
7. Seán Aloysius O'Hara 1954 -
by Seán Aloysius O'Hara
578. Hello all fellow O'Hara's Please click on the following link to help establish our Irish American Museum: http://www.irishamericanmuseumdc.org/ This is a very interesting and informative site. Slan, Terrance
by Terrance O'Hara
579. I am seeking descendants of the O'Haras of Lorrha, Cloughjordan, Co Tipperary, in particular of Thomas O'Hara, b. c. 1870.
by Eilis Deeney O'Hara
581. Hello, My name is Kathy O'Hara. My dad is Charles D. O'Hara his parents are Van and Viola O'Hara; my dad has 1 brother Thomas O'Hara. Dad has 4 children: Charles Jr. , Janet, Kelly and me Kathy. My dad has passed away and I just wanted his name out there he would have liked this site.
by Kathy O'Hara
582. my name is tim, i am from brooklyn, n.y. i am searhing for my father noel o'hara, he sepperated from my mom in 1970 the year i was born and possibly moved back to ireland.
by Tim O'Hara
583. My name is Katharine Margaret O'Hara Scatena. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA. There are many O'Hara's and I wish you all many blessings. Some of my grandfather's people were: John O'Hara, William Denny O'Hara, many Katharines in the family tree.
by Katharine Margaret O'Hara Scatena
584. I want to connect with O'Hara desendants of John Patrick O'Hara & Frances Drusilla Siegertz from Ceylon (Sri Lanka) who moved to Malaysia. Have connected with some O'Hara relatives in Singapore, Cheers.
by Myrtle O'Hara
585. My name is Shannon Brooke O'Hara. My father was James Milton O'Hara born in Alberta and his father was John O'Hara from Ottawa. James had a sister Frances and his mother's name was Margaret. I would like to get in touch with the children of Frances who are my cousins. I know one is Matthew McCallum but no others.
by Shannon Brooke O'Hara
587. Hey, I'm Molly-Kate O'Hara, I am 14 and come from Liverpool, England. I love the fact that there are loads and loads of O'Hara's out there :). My dad is O'Hara too.
by Molly-Kate O'Hara
588. New musical link from Australia
you might like to add my music page to your site. Check me out at: http://indieland.com/artist/scott_ohara .
by Scott O'Hara
589. Joining my gang, following my/our fathers footsteps
Hello to all the family.
I just had a son - Tait James Tynan O'Hara. My father Vivian Gervaise O'Hara (listed in here as one of the first to join) had me born & brought up in my early years in Dublin (to further forever remind me of my routes). As my dad has stated y/our family dates back to 900 AD so we must be good at producing boys eh!
I am very proud to be an O'Hara!
Webmaster's PS: See Vivian's messages in the messages database: no. 4 & 5, no. 416 and no. 433
by Tynan O'Hara
590. Another O'Hara from Peru
My great grand father was a Bernard O'Hara from Liverpool. He had eleven children, the third died fighting Chile in the 19th Century and is a national hero (Santiago O'Hara). I am descended from the fourth, the O'Hara-MacPherson branch.
Webmaster's PS: See the following messages in the messages database: no. 301 , no.346 and no. 555
by Walter O'Hara1
592. HI all we are christened O`Hara but just found out we are actually O`Hora. spell mistake. so how many O`Hara`s are actually O`Hora. we were origanaly from.... stonepark, foxford, county mayo, ireland. need to correct the name somehow, any ideas!!!!
by Brendan O`Hara (O`Hora)
593. This is a reply to the previous message. Concerning O'Hara and O'Hora, consult the following messages in the 'messages' database at this site: No. 97, 144, 224, 233, 255, 260, 291 327, 336, 356 and 495. The address is: http://www.oharas.com/databases/messages/index.php
by James Gabriel O'Hara
594. Hello I am looking for a Peter John O'Hara who up until 2005 lived in Normanby, Middlesborough, Cleveland, England. His father was also Peter and he died in November 2002. I would appreciate any information about PJ.
by Marie O'Hara
by John Kenneth O'Hara
597. I am looking for unknown relatives. Originally from Raritan Twsp. now Edison, NJ, now residing in Georgia, son of Martin J. O'Hara deceased 1981.
by Martin John O'Hara
598. My O'Hara ancestors from from Cazenovia / Manlius, NY
Being an O'Hara, I can understand wanting to know your roots. I can provide my family history and those who wish can go from there:
Father Robert Edward OHara, (3 brothers) Cazenovia, NY; Grandfather Edward O'Hara (2 Brothers, 1 Sistrer) all from Cazenovia / Manlius, NY.
I will try and provide more details, but father passed when I was only 1yr old so history is a painful question.
Previous messages (No. 256 and 348)
by Tracy O'Hara
603. Looking for parents of Abraham O'Hara, born in Canada in 1820. His father was from Ireland and mother from Canada.
by Madeleine O'Hara
605. PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY REAL FATHER MICHAEL ALFRED O'HARA. I NEVER SEE MY FATHER SINCE 35 YEARS. I HOPE YOU FIND HIM AND EMAIL ME BLUE_STAR_HEART_FOREVER@YAHOO.COM. I MISS HIM SO MUCH LONG TIME. I WANT SEE HIM SO BADLY. HE IS 64 YEARS OLD NOW. HE ALIVE OR DIED? WHO KNOW. JUST LET ME KNOW PLEASE. THANKS FOR UNDERSTAND.
by Timothy Michael O'Hara
612. Hello - I am looking for Debbie O'Hara from Belfast. She used to come to the United States during the summer and stay with my family in New Jersey.
by Jennifer McEvoy
613. John O'Hara was born in Ireland (1851)
Hello, I am Stephen C. O’Hara.
After searching for info in America I found out that John O’Hara was born in Ireland @1851. He married Eliza J. Unknown who was born in Ireland @ 1852. John and Eliza arrived in the U.S. @1880. So I am trying to find out more info of the O’Hara’s. So if you can find out anything, please let me know.
by Stephen C. O’Hara
614. My great grandfather John Patrick O'Hara
I came across a message from a George Hesse dated June 5, 2007:
Searchimg my great grandfather John Patrick O'Hara's genealogy or Message 402
We have the same grandparents and I wish to contact him. I have been unable to do so at the email address given. Is there a new email adress to contact him?
Thanks so much.
Myrtle Joyce O'Hara
by Myrtle Joyce O'Hara
616. Hello my name is P. O'Hara from Midlesbrough, England. My daughter is Scarlett O'Hara.
by P. O'Hara
617. My ggg-grandfather, James O'Hara, born in Philadelphia on 15 Oct 1799
My ggg-grandfather, James O'Hara, was born in Phila, PA on 15 Oct 1799. I am searching for his father, Stephen O'Hara, who immigrated to US prior to his birth. Family stories indicate he came from Ireland with two brothers. James brother was Henry.
Any help would be appreciated.
Maureen O'Hara Warick
by Maureen O'Hara Warick
618. Hi, my name is Henry T. O'Hara FCA born Dublin 1952. Father's name was Nicholas A. O'Hara from Ballymacurley Co. Roscommon where my grandfather Henry O'Hara was born and was a farmer. I am looking for family prior to 1876, or earlier.
by Henry Thomas O'Hara
619. I would like to know if this is a page about, different O'Haras and their place in history. My grandfather was a CFL football player for two Canadian teams - The Ottawa Rough riders and Hamilton Tiger Cats and is found in the football hall of fame.
by Sean O'Hara
620.Revisiting the O'Hara site
It's grown so much since the last time I posted in 2005. Well, I just wanted to update my family tree:
Cody Tyler Ohara age: 8, Kailyn Therese Ohara age: 3, Kaeden Arturo Ohara age: 1
Quinn M. O'Hara
first message (= message 276)
by Quinn M. O'Hara
621. Does anyone know of a Robert Henry O'Hara that was married to a Lois Jeanne Stephens in California in the 50's. He was my father though I didn't know him. She was my mother and was from Chico Calif born in 1930. Would like to know if I have any relatives in this world. Thanks.
by David Lee O'Hara
622. John O'Hara — Founder of Glasgow Celtic FC — A Commemoration
John O'Hara worked with Brother Walfrid, John Glass, John McLaughlin, James McKay and others in the formation of Celtic FC and went on to sign the first players, mainly from Edinburgh Hibernians.
Hailing from Greysteel, Co Derry, John remained a director of Celtic until his death on 29 May 1905. Now, on the anniversary of his death, the extended O'Hara family plan a commemoration and celebration of his life, with the unveiling of a long overdue headstone at his place of rest, St Peter's Cemetery, Dalbeth .
A brief ceremony at the graveside will be followed by a special gathering at Celtic Park on Sunday 29 May.
Everyone connected with the O'Hara family, as well as members of the wider Celtic family, are warmly welcomed and we'd be delighted if you can join us on the day.
Friends and family are already confirmed from as far afield as USA, Australia, Ireland and even Denny, Stirlingshire, so we plan for a memorable day:
Sunday 29 May 2011 4pm at St Peter's Dalbeth
Thereafter to the Number 7 restaurant at Celtic Park for a festive meal and entertainment. Ticket donations for the function are £20 and £10 for students and pensioners.
To reserve tickets, please email Michael O'Hara at email@example.com soonest, stating names. We hope to fully accommodate all friends and family, but please reply soonest as there is a limited capacity in the Number 7.
On behalf of the O'Hara family, I very much look forward to your company,
by Michael O'Hara
623. Could anybody point me in the right direction to purchace a o'hara clan kilt?
by Shaun Joseph O'Hara
624. Hi, I am looking for Jim o'Hara from Rochester that came to San Diego during the summer of 1971, my name at the time was Debbie Taylor. Any info is appreciated, Thanks.
by Debra Taylor
625. I am looking for my gg grandparents, Paddy and Honor (Fodey) O'Hara, who would have been born around 1850-60 in Sligo, Ireland-possibly Kilglass. My g grandfather, Michael Joseph O'Hara (b. 1879 in Sligo), married Catherine "Kate" Murray (b. 1883 in Sligo), in Glasgow,Scotland in 1905. Michael & Kate lived on Queen St in Govan, Glasgow until 1925. Kate had a second cousin named Peter McGowan, who also lived on Queen Street in Govan in 1925. They and their children moved to New York in 1924-25, eventually settling in North Plainfield, NJ. I know Michael had a brother in Ireland, named Tommy b. 1898-99, also Patrick, who came to New York before Michael. He also had four sisters in Youngstown, OH. One of them may have been named Delia. Also, we have an ancestor named Val O'Hara that still lived in the original homestead in Sligo when my Aunts and Uncles visited in the 1980s. If you have any information to help me piece together more of my family history, I would appreciate it.
by Erin O'Hara Patrick
628. Go online and Google O'Hara from Ballysadare and Kilvarnet and you'll find and interesting book that you may read online.
by Pamela O’Hara Huff
629. Looking for any information on my father Patrick James O'Hara
I am looking for any information about my father Patrick James O'Hara. I have never met him and know very little about him. I was born in 1960 in Pemberton, Western Australia. On my birth certificate my father is noted as Patrick James O'Hara, 52 years old born Dublin Ireland. His occupation is listed as mechanic. My mother Joyce and Patrick were living and working in Shannon River a small timber logging community in the South West of West Australia.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Patricia Marion O'Hara
by Patricia Marion O'Hara
630. My 1st name is O'Hara !!!! Last name is Costello. I am black Irish. My father is from Matawan, New Jersey. Love to know if there are any others lucky enough to be blessed with the 1st name O'Hara !!!
by OHara Jane Costello
631. Hello my name is Elizabeth O'Hara, my family tree goes back to 1800s Robert O'Hara. I live in Scotland.
by Elizabeth O'Hara
634. Currently living in Pittsview, AL. My Father was Robert Thomas O'Hara and my Mother is Marilyn McQuarter O'Hara. Just wanted to check in. Any family members that know me, get in touch.
by Kevin O'Hara
636. (from Phila., PA) Records show a George O'Harra arrived in Philadelphia from Dublin in 1773 as an indentured servant, and likely fought for the colonies in the Revolution. Any way I can track ship arrivals back that far? Can't seem to connect to a town in Ireland.
by Terence G. O'Hara
637. Looking for information on my 4th great-grandfather, Stephen O'Hara, who immigrated to Phila PA prior to 1799. Family lore says that 3 brothers came to America together. Other prominent first names in family are George, Henry, James and Charles. Any help is sincerely appreciated.
Previous message: no. 617
by Maureen O'Hara Warick
641. My Great-Grandfather, Patrick J. O'Hara, came to America (Pennsylvania) in 1914 from County Longford. He was born on October 8, 1892. Patrick's family was from an island on the Lough Ree, King's Island, which is one of the Black Islands. His parents were named Patrick and Anne O'Hara. Looking for any information that may help. Thank you :)
by Sean O'Hara
642. Where is Valerie O'Hara from Homestead, Florida? Your relatives would like to be in touch.
by Cindy O'Hara
643. I am the granddaughter of Ernest Reginald O'Hara and Anna Mae Herlihy, My father John Douglas was their eldest son b. May 30 1927 d. Feb 28 2007. My family has been seaarching for my cousins Kevin Elwin O'Hara approximately 44 years of age and his sister Jaqueline unsure of her age for many years. If anyone has any information.
by Kathleen O'Hara
645. Jamie O'Hara wrote the lyrics of the song «50,000 Names (Carved in the Wall)» and George Jones sang it - you gotta hear it. Turn on your sound....be sure you wait until the music begins. Click here and scroll down.
by Terrance O'Hara
646. Looking for a long lost friend, Scott O'Hara who was last known to be in the twin cities of Minn. Scott worked for me in the Marine Corps in the late 80's. Please if you know him have him contact me.
by Bob Greer
647. I am an O'Hara from New Zealand, and am looking into my family history that backs to my irish heritage.
by Michael O'Hara
649. Connecting with O'Hara family members in Pennsylvania and NY
See also: DNA Results for John O'Hara born ca. 1810 in Drumlish, Co. Longford (Link) = Message #546 and: DNA testing through the O'Hara DNA Project and Alternatives (Link)
I signed up on your List of Messages page & mentioned I was working on the family tree. I also referred to my DNA which is noted on your List of Messages: #546. I'd like to trace grandaunts who went to PA, e.g. Mary O'Hara, b. 28 Sept 1851, her sister Catherine/Kate, b. 06 Jun 1856. Also, their brother, Bernard b. 16 Oct 1859. Possibly to Pottsville or Wilkes Barre. We would love to have others join the O'Hara Surname DNA Project (in your < href="http://www.oharas.com/genealogy/index.html">Genealogy page).
Might I request I be included in your Categories Index under Authors & Writers (Other O'Hara Writers) ? If you need any further details on publications I can let you have them. Thank you. Brief professional biog: Broadcaster and writer, Aidan O'Hara, has worked as a presenter and producer with RTÉ (Raidió Telefís Éireann – Irish National Broadcasting) and CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), and now lives in County Longford. He is engaged in writing full-time (Eng. & Gaelic), but stays in touch with broadcasting through occasional contributions to Radio Telefís Éireann and Raidió na Gaeltachta.
by Aidan O'Hara
650. Hello, My name is Barry O'Hara Jr. I am trying to find out more about my ancestors and the rest of my family, all I know is my father grew up around Sylvania Ohio, If anyone can help me in any way please feel free to contact me through my email.
by Barry O'Hara Jr.
651. My name is Kevin Michael O'Hara, from England. I am trying to trace my GG Grandfathers family in Bocks Mayo. GG Grandfather was Patrick and he was born in 1836. Uk census says Bock Co Mayo. He, like a million Irish, left during/after potato famine. They settled in Lancashire and worked in cotton mills. UK census info says that both Patrick and wife, Mary Sullivan, were born in Bocks Co Mayo. They married in England. This is going to be difficult as both the names Patrick and O'Hara are not exactly unusual. Any help appreciated.
by Kevin Michael O'Hara
652. Hi, I am searching for a young lady who was a painter and had a gallery. Her name was Katie O'Hara. She passed away in 2001. I used to chat with her, she was part of a prayer team we belonged to. Her Dad had passed on when she was young and she called me Pop. I would like to find out more about Katie, I even wrote a poem about her, but cannot remember her. Please contact me if you have any information about Katie O'Hara.
by Bob Macchia
653. Hello to whomever reads this. I am an O'Hara, of Ottawa, Canada. Currently, I am mastering International Studies, with specializations in French and Economics, to become a diplomat. My most dire inquiry concerns the location of any saved notation or photograph - whether singular or multiple, any number of documentation would be precious - of my grandfather, Platoon and Artillary Sergeant Kenneth O'Hara.
by Conor Kenneth Lorne (O'Hara)
654. Hello, I am Colleen O'Hara living in the United States. I have a friend doing geneology for me and she has traced my tree back many generations. My father is Robert William O'Hara (Bob) in northern California, Grandfather William O'Hara of San Fernando, California. I'd be happy to provide anyone who is interested a link to our family tree.
by Colleen O'Hara
655. My GGGrandfather Patrick moved to Lancashire, he was born in Co Mayo in 1837 and left during potato famine. He married Mary Sullivan, also from Mayo, in 1867. His father is listed, on their marriage certificate, as Patick O'Hara, deceased, and occupation of Farmer. I am unable to discover if Patrick senior died in Ireland or England and have no idea of his DOB.Family names are: Patrick, John, Joseph, Michael, William, Thomas,James and Ann. I think I have Patrick Jnr as a lodger in 1861 census near Rochdale but as a lodger, he was 24 years old. Any help appreciated.
by Kevin O'Hara
656. I was born in England. My GGfather, David, came down to Carlisle from Glasgow (Scotland) but whether it was he or his father that came over from the West of Ireland - Co. Mayo probably, I do not know. I now live in Nova Scotia. Family names were James, Thomas, William.
by Martin O'Hara
658. Can't find anyone before my great great great grandfather Hugh O'Harra
I have been trying to find when my family actually came to the US but I've hit a road block. I can't find anything beyond my great great great grandfather Hugh O'Harra who was born between 1770 and 1780 and died in 1850 in Indiana. As far as I know he had 10 children who's names are as follows from oldest to youngest: Arthur, Charlotte, Ezekiel, John (died in the 1850s), Margaret, Wesley, James (born 1810), Hugh Jr. (born 1820), Daniel (my gggrandfather, lived 1817-1888), and Elizabeth (born 1839).
So if anyone has information that can help me continue my search back it would be great.
by Lane O'Harra
659. HI i am John Kenneth O'Hara from Franklin, Ohio. I'm a systems Analyst and my Parents are ken and Barbra O'Hara, and my Grand father was Russ O'Hara from Kentuckey.
by John Kenneth O'Hara
660. Hi This is great ! Iam hoping for some help. My Great Granfather Robert O'Hara came to Minnesota from Canada not sure when and the courthouse burned in both Mn and Canada. My GGreat Grandmothers maiden name was Mariah LeTed. My Grandfathers name was Leo O'Hara he was a horse trainer (trotters), My father is Thomas Robert O'Hara.
by Amber Marie O'Hara
661. Hi to all the O'Hara people all over the world, my great grandfather was Michael Daniel O'Hara, born in1823, maybe came from Sligo, we believe he was in the British army, he migrated as a free settler to Australia, settled at Oatlands; Van Diemens Land, nowTasmania. Married an Irish girl named Catherine Hynes (unsure of correct spelling of her maiden name,) Catherine and her sister Ann came together from county Clare; worked as housemaids, Anne married George Sawford, Michael and Catherine had 3 sons and 4 daughters. Do any of the O"Haras know anything about my great grandfather Michael Daniel.
by Patricia O'Hara
662. Christmas Holiday Wishes from the O'Haras of Leixlip, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
by Arthur O'Hara
663. I am searching for any information about my biological father Alfred Paul O'Hara born 1915-1916, I believe in Montgomery Alabama. My mother would never give me any information about him, and now that I am 70 years of age, born 10-16-1941, it would be wonderful to hear anything I could about my Dad. Thank you in advance, Ruth.
by Ruth O'Hara Nolan Montville
665. Hello to all of the amazing O'Haras in the world, simply the best name there is!! I am Melanie O'Hara, youngest child of Robert H. O'Hara and Hazel O'Hara, from Youngstown Ohio.
by Melanie O'Hara (Cronk)
666. Please contact me if your line has any connections through Chester County, Pennsylvania! I am looking for relatives of Dennis O'Hara and Elizabeth Hahn/Hawn. They lived in Chester County in 1880 and had six children: Charles, Edward, Andrew, Elizabeth, Helen and Anne.
Previous messages: No. 497 and No. 520
by Pamela O’Hara Huff
667. Deborah O'Hara - Hi searching for information on the O'Hara's from Youngstown, Ohio. Will be traveling soon to Belfast and wanted to trace my husband's family. My husbands name is Timothy E. O'Hara and his father's name was Joseph T. O'Hara (died 1988 at age of 49), he had two brothers Leslie and Jerome. Their mothers name was Hazel and fathers name Joseph. They lived on the Northside of Youngstown. Any information would be great. Ancestory.com was of no help at all.
by Deborah O'Hara
669. Good Afternoon ! I have noticed a number of posts regarding the O'Hara family of Neale, Killimor, Co Galway. If you check the 1911 census you will notice that the townland's spelling is "nail". My grandfather was Bernard O'Hara and was from a large family who had a farm there. I can provide additional information if needed, Mary O'Hara
by Mary Memery (O'Hara)
670. I am Edward O'Hara Grandson of Mickey O'Hara Inventer of The Mouse Wheel.
by Edward O'Hara
671. My Family (O'Hara) has its start in Derragh, Kilmovee Parish in Kiklelly, County Mayo, starting with John O'Hara born 1793 in Shammerbaun, Kilkelly. He married Briget Snee in April 1830. Their son James, is my Great Grandfather. He married Anne Gallagher in February 1877. Their son Patrick James was born 1878 in Derragh, Kilkelly and emigrated to U.S.(Philadelphia). He married Mary O'Donnell From Sligo (1887-1933). They married in U.S. (where ?), and they lived in N.Y.C. where he died in 1926. They had three children, James Francis, Thomas Joseph ( my father) and Anna Mary (Mae). If anyone has additional Info, please post it. Thanks JO'H
by Jim O'Hara
672. My GreatGrandFather came to Saint John New Brunswick circa 1850 from County Sligo.I am one of two remaining great grand children of a family of 9 siblings sons and daughters of Roland O'Hara and Winnifrieda Dunn.Would love to hear from any and all O'Haras or Dunns,I expect we are all related in one way or another if we go back far enough.
by Allan Edward O'Hara
673. Looking for Abraham O'Hara's father who was born in Ireland and moved to Canada (lower). Abraham was born in Canada in about 1820. His mother was French.
by Madeleine O'Hara
674. My grandfather would have come over from Ireland around the beginning of the 20th century. His son, Patrick Joseph O'Hara Jr. was a professor at UCF; he committed suicide in the late 80's I think. We completely lost touch with that side of the family as my mother had divorced Jr. when I was 18 months old.
I am Patrick Joseph O'Hara III and I carried it on with my son, # IV.
by Patrick Joseph O'Hara III
676. Dan O'Hara, from Connemara, renowned in the popular ballad
A nice informative story of Ireland and Dan O'Hara in three YouTube videos:
Part 1: YouTube video (1)
Part 2: YouTube video (2)
Part 3: YouTube video (3)
by Terrance O'Hara
678. I am looking for information about my grandfather, Albert James O'Hara, Sr. My father was born in northern New Jersey to Claire Hendrickson O'Hara who passed away a few years later due to TB. My late father was raised by his maternal grandmother so we don't have much information about him other than the father disappeared shortly after she died.
by Kathleen O'Hara Smith
679. Looking for relatives of Hugh Sr (b. 1856) and Anna Ginnity O'Hara. Children: Patrick (b. 1880) Sharon PA, Thomas (b.1882) Pittsburgh, John (b. 1887) Struthers, OH, Bridget O'Hara Tegge (b 1885), Mary (b. 1892), James F (b. 1891), Hugh Leo (b. 1897) and Therese O'Hara Desper (b. 1898).
by Colleen O'Hara
681. I am looking for Tom O'Hara. Met him in Calcutta India. He was on the ships. My name is rebecca Russell née Jacob.
by Rebecca Russell
683. I am Robert P O'Hara, son of Joseph P O'Hara, Grandson of Arthur O'Hara, Great Grandson of Bernard F O'Hara of Vestal, NY. Any geneology would be greatly appreciated.
by Robert P. O'Hara
685. Hello all, I am Maureen (O'Hara) LaMarra daugther of Anothony Joseph O'Hara borm August 8 1911. He is one of eight children born to Michael O'Hara and Agnes (Flowers) O'Hara. Michael was born in Ballena, County Mayo, Ireland around 1876 and died in the great flu epidemic in the 1920's in Philadelphia Pa. USA. I'm just starting to delve into my ancestry and would love to have contact with anyone who may be related to me.
by Maureen (O'Hara) LaMarra
686. Hi my name is Allannah O'Hara. I don't have a lot if any information about my biological fathers family. He is Robert Wesley O'Hara. I don't know his fathers name or his mothers maiden name, but his mothers name was Loraine O'Hara. My father was from Lima, Ohio area. I know my brother and I have a half brother and his name is Micheal, but not sure if his last name is the same as ours. I've been looking and have found nothing. My biological father is 1 of 12 maybe 13, they were all spilt up when their mom died I believe and their dad took off. So any kind of information would be wonderful.
by Allannah O'Hara
688. My name is Amber Marie O'Hara. My father is Thomas Robert O'Hara, my granfather Leo O'Hara, great grandfather Frances O'Hara lived in Minneasota, came in thru Canada. All records were burned in fires in US and Canada. Any info would be so much appreciated.
PS. See also message 660
by Amber Marie O'Hara
689. I am looking for information on my great-grandfather John Terrence O'Hara. I have a WWI Registration Card to go off of. He was born 08/12/1880 in New York, however the 1920 census states 1883 but based on his birth month and age at the time he would've been born in 1882. He moved at some point to Minnesota. Did not marry but had 10 children with Minnie Leyde (1920 cenus states Minnie OHara). Children are: Fern Alice, John T, Daniel, Donald, Thomas, Frank, Leo, Patrick, Mary Jane... birth years range from 1914 to 1927. If anyone has any information regarding John I would greatly appreciate it. I have nothing but the 1920 census and WWI Draft Card.
PS. See also: messages 191 and 337.
by Jennifer M O'Hara
693. mi nombre es victor o'hara silva vivo en korea naci en peru i ha todos les digo k la mitad de 8 es 8 igual k es 0 igual k es 3 sera por k soy un o'hara.
by Victor Ricardo O'Hara
695. Hi, I am looking for information about my great great grandfather Denis O'Hara who married Matilda Griffin in around 1865. Originally from Leitrim I believe but who settled in Fermanagh and had 11 children including my great grandfather John.
by Martina O'Hara
698. I am trying to get in touch with Nursing Sister Agnes O'Hara or indeed any relatives of hers. Can anyone help me? Her last known address was in Ballymena, County Antrim.
by Janice Pearce
701. Being involved in the compilation of a family tree I am looking for anyone who may have known my uncle Lawrence Edward O'Hara who was born in Cloongreaghan, Cootehall, Boyle, Co Roscommon, Ireland on the 6/Jan/1906. He was a Sgt in the US Army during World War 11. He died on 20 Jan 1956 in the US in a construction accident. It is believed that he was married but may have been separated or divorced when he died. He is buried in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetry in St Louis.
by William J. O'Hara
703. My Husband's name is MICHAEL O'HARA and his great, great grandparents left Ireland sometime between 1847-1851. ANTHONY O'HARA - born ? 1811, married MARY CORCORAN - ? 1811. They had 5 children who were born in Ireland … CATHERINE, born 1836, THOMAS, born 1839, MICHAEL, born 1843, ELLEN, born 1845, and ANN, born 1847 ... then one more child after arriving in Canada - JOHN, born May 5 1851. We know that they traveled to Canada sometime after Ann's birth in 1847 and their last son was born in Canada in 1851, but have not been able track any connections in Ireland prior to immigrating to Canada. Any info would be appreciated.
by Nancy O'Hara
707. I am William O'Hara from Melbourne, Australia. I am looking for any information on Joseph O'Hara, born 1834 in "Rush"(?), Ireland, married Margaret Carroll on the 5th October 1863 in Dublin, and emigrated to Melbourne, possibly in 1864. They had their first child, Margaret O'Hara in Melbourne in 1865. Regards!
by William (Bill) O'Hara
709. Hello, Am researching O'Haras who lived in Philadelphia beginning in 1850s. Hannah O'Hara married Michael Welsh about 1860. Her parents were Margaret Catherine and John or Patrick O'Hara. Possibly from County Galway. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pat.
by Pat Meriwether
710. Hello, my first name is O'Hara. I am the daughter of Thomas Francis Costello who is from Matawan, New Jersey. My father has 9 brothers and sisters. Costello is black Irish. Costello is black Irish and often thought to be of Italian descent when thes left Spain and went to Ireland. Here are many black Irish with olive skin, dark eyes, dark hair and we are all black Irish. My true full given name is: O'Hara Jane Costello. Interested in knowing if there are any others with O'Hara as 1st name??? Get back to me if your 1st name is O'Hara, love to talk to you!!! Much love to all. O'Hara is a beautiful name and I'm pround that I am. Bless my parents who gave me a name so unique as O'Hara for my first name, with kind regards to all! O'Hara Costello. Contact me at the email address below.
by O'Hara Jane Costello
711. Patricia Ann Moran, from Scranton PA, Wilkes Barre, is looking for a past friend Patrick O'Hara who would be approx. 75 or so. Patricia Ann Moran married Stanley Frank Kaminski. He has since passed away approx. 15 years ago. She would love to catch up, if possible.
by Susan Ferguson
716. I am an O'Hara by birth. My Father was John Percy O'Hara, his father was Peter O'Hara, all born in Ontario, Canada. Peter was married to Charlotte Prosser. My mother was Edith Ruth Van Steinburgh. I would like to know where & when my O'Haras came to Canada. Thanks. D. Burson.
by Dolores Burson
717. Hello, my name is Victoria O'Hara, my father was Willaim O'Hara, he passed in 1966, grandfather Stanely James O'Hara and my GGfather was Joseph O'Hara. They lived in Toronto and had a farm in the Oakwood and Vaughn area. Would love to hear back from anyone that might know them.
by Victoria O'Hara
719. I am looking into my family tree. My great grandfather was John O'Hara possibly born Galway. His son my Grandfather was Patrick O'Hara born around 1885 born Galway. John married Catherine Concannon born approx late 1880's who was from Roscommon. Children of my grandparents were Mary, Kathleen, Lillian and Terrence who was my father. Any information would be welcome.
by Jacqueline O'Hara
722. my father was Joseph Patric O'Hara II married to Beatriz Kadala giving me 12 brothers and sisters: Teresa, Joe P. III, Robert, Monica, Christopher, Mark, Me, Oona, Emmette, Mathew, Christina, Steve and Thomas. His father is Joseph Patrick O'Hare (Rep. MN) married to Leila Lee White, his parents Patrick O'Hara and Catharine Doyle (Ireland) two younger brothers; Edward and Terry.
by Moira Leila O'Hara
723. Hi, I live in Marin County, CA, and am the daughter of Lori Cecilia O'Hara (MY mom passed
tho on 12.27.08) and granddaughter of Thomas J. O'Hara and Coral O'Hara of San Francisco and San Rafael, CA. My second cousins are Francis and Kathleen O'Hara of New York and San Francisco.
by Jamie O'Hara
729. Hi, I am trying to help a friend find her biological parents and any siblings there may be. She was born on August 25, 1949 in a Catholic Hospital in Buffalo New York. The name she was given was Kathleen O'Hara but her adoptive parents renamed her. She was the youngest of 5 children. Her father was an alcoholic and her mother was leaving/divorcing him and couldn't care for the children so she gave them to any relatives that would take them and then put the rest up for adoption. That's all she knows. Thanks for any suggestions or help. She has tried before but the records are sealed. In your research have you come across anything that we could use to try and trace her family? Thanks so much!
by Teresa Ebel
731. Am looking for Harrison O'Hara- Greensburgh Latrobe, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania areas.
by Phyllis O'Hara
733. Hi, My name is Theresa O'Hara Van Allen. I was excited to find this website. My great grandparents were Michael O'Hara and Ann Devine O'Hara from Ardee, County Louth. Are there any O'Hara relatives in the area?
by Theresa O'Hara Van Allen
734. My Great-grandfather was John O'Hara, co-founder of Glasgow Celtic Football Club - It would be great to hear from my relatives out there.
by John O'Hara
735. Moris Peter O'Hara, born 20 July 1944, Tambram Madras, South India; Father Patrick O'Hara. born approx 23 Nov.1920; G/Father buried Bangalore South India; G/G/Father apparently taken out of tent by The Famous Lions of Tsavo, died and buried in Kenya.
Webmaster's comment:See also Message number 792
by Moris Peter O'Hara
736. born 14th April 1995, age 19, live Belfast Ireland.
by Georgina O'Hara
737. Hi, My first book, «A French Renaissance» (see links below) is being published today and I was wondering if it would be possible to share this news with the O’Hara community? Kind regards, Eamon O’Hara. Links: (1) Orpen Press (2) Amazon & (3) Second Message
by Eamon O'Hara
738. Please update family data included here on December 5, 2004
please add myself, Kenneth-Roland Heinz O'Hara son of William Homer O'Hara Jr (6/2/1941 - 3/5/2014) and brother of William Homer O'Hara III. Please also add my son Kenneth- Roland O'Hara Jr.
The Message I found on the site that my brother posted a while back is Message Number 185 in the Messages database.
If there are any events in New England, I would love to go. I am located in the Hartford CT area.
by Kenneth-Roland Heinz O'Hara
743. O'Horas from around Ballina, Co Mayo. My GGG Grandfather was Patt O'Hora, (1801-1865) married Bridget (Biddy) Mangan in 1829. I think his father was John (1775-1842). They had children John, Edward (Ned), Ellen and Patt (my GG Grandfather) in 1838 whilst living in Tullysleva. Anyone got connections to these people please? Love to hear from you.
by Kevin Michael O'Hara
747. Hi...I'm trying to find the father of Patrick Timothy Gerard O'Hara (married to Blanche), who was born in 1901 and died in 1986 in California, parents of Donald Reid O'Hara and Patrick O'Hara Jr. Can you help me? Thanks!
by James (Jimohara) O'Hara
748. Hello O'Haras from Sligo. When are we going to reclaim and restore our castle. Ha! Books at Ballymote about O'Haras. Great history and reading. Irish Heritage Centers have a lot of help with finding relatives. Also, churches and cemetery records in Ireland which may be found on websites. Slainte to All.... Mairead.
by Mairead (O'Hara)
750. I am trying to find details on how Joseph O'Hara (from Rush, Co, Dublin) and Margaret Carroll, who married in Dublin on the 5 Oct 1863, actually left Ireland in 1864 for Australia. They had their first child, Margaret, in Melbourne in 1865. Regards, Bill.
Webmaster's comment: See also Message No. 707.
by William (Bill) O'Hara
752. Stumbled on this website on St. Patrick's Day. Another Chris O'Hara checking in (I see there are a few of us). From Halifax originally (grandfather's name is Otis) and now living in Saskatchewan. Glad to meet you all! About Chris O'Hara (5)
by Chris O'Hara (5)
753. I'm Patricia O'Hara from New Orleans; everyone calls me Tricia. I was born and raised in New Orleans. My father and my grandfather's names were Robert O'Hara. I also have a cousin named Father Denis O'Hara, whom I don't remember meeting. However, my dad brought his name up often. Also, my dad had two brothers, Johnny and Jimmy, and a sister named Carmel. Thank you, Tricia.
by Patricia (Tricia) O'Hara
756. I may have traced my O'Hara roots to Samuel O'Hara who married Margaret Blakesly. Their son, Hugh O'Hara was born in Ballymena, Antrim, Ireland on 10 March, 1863. He married Anne Bryson, daughter of Robert Bryson and Sarah Caldwell. Anne gave birth to my grandfather, William Hugh, my father, William Donovan, was born of his marriage. Trying to find out if any of my family remains in Balleymena.
by Laurel O'Hara Wilson
758. Hi, my name is Kathy O'Hara wife of James O'Hara and we would like to contact John O'Hara last known to us living in Perth, Australia. He is James' cousin.
by Kathy O'Hara
761. All I know is that there are 4 generations, all lived in Glasgow in the Cowcaddens area. We know that our GGrand parents were from Ireland. I have what information I can get on Ancestry (ancestry.com) – Richard Hugh O'Hara, from Glasgow, Scotland.
by Richard Hugh O'Hara
762. Looking for information on Ernest O'Hara. Born Prince Edward Island, Moved to the Boston area in the 1930's. Killed in action WW II when flying back to England over the North Atlantic in a B-17 to his air base. He was my "Grandfather" Would like to find out any information about his life.
by Robert J. O'Hara Jr.
763. My greatgrandfather James F. O'Hara & greatgrandma Matilda McShane came to Canada around 1924-1925 with thier son my grandfather Francis J. O'Hara. I believe from Ballymena Ireland. Any family out there contact me.
by C. O'Hara
766. I located an entry for Edward O'Hara in Illinois for dates 1864 and 1870 in your database. I'm searching for my great-great-grandfather and this could be him.
My question is what does Id: 2617 refer to and what does Entries: 1104 refer to? If one or the other of these items refers to additional comments and/or notes, how do I access that additional information?
Thank you in advance for your assistance. This website has been extremely helpful and I hope it can lead me to my great-great-grandfather. He's my ancestor who came to America from Ireland and I'm trying to determine where in Ireland he migrated from.
There are three databases at this site, namely the Database of O'Hara Persons, the Database of O'Hara People and the Messages database.
Work on the O'Hara Persons database has been suspended. It was compiled between 1998-2006 and lists more than 2300 persons (that is id numbers 1 though 2300+) from more than a 1000 messages (that is Entry numbers 1 through 1019) posted at the O'Hara Genealogy Forum at Genealogy.com. The forum still exists but its entry number scheme has been removed and a total of 786 results from posts since 1998 are listed. The posts are not numbered and there is no simple correspondence between the results displayed and the original entry numbers recorded in the O'Hara Persons database at this site. Therefore, the compilation has been suspended.
The O'Hara People database is being continued and the intention is (in due course) to include and analyse all data from the Messages database at this site.
by Craig O'Hara
771. Hi all, I just received this link from my sister in Calgary, Alberta. This is the family we belong to, our Grandfather, Clarence Lyall O’Hara was from Princeton, Kentucky. Please let me know if there have been any updates as the messages posted here are all quite old. Our Cousin, Anne, who is still in Princeton wants to organize a family reunion and family cemetary clean up. This seems like the best place to get everyone aware of it and to actually meet ‘our’ family. Please write back
We are the only Canadian O’Hara’s that share this history.
by Fran O'Hara
775. Hello my name is Daniel Dodge, I was seperated from my brother when we were very young , His name is Michael O'Hara, our dad was Jack O'Hara and our Mother Rosemarie Ann Homitz (her maiden name). I know that he lived in Clevaland Ohio, and is a professional arm wrestler. I live in Alabama. If you could somehow put me in contact with him I would really appreciate it.
by Daniel Dodge Sr
776. Hi, I have recently joined Ancestry.co.uk and am trying to construct a family tree. Does anyone know if the Carlow O'Haras came from the West. I was told Sligo. Im finding it very hard to get beyond 1859 in Carlow. Would appreciate any help.Thanks
by Kathleen (Katie) O'Hara
783. My grandfather Walter Howard was born Birmingham, Al, in1904 .I came accross William O'Hara of Birmingham in1820 and am trying to find out if there is a relationship for William who was the grandson of General Charles O'Hara who surendered to Gen. Washington and Napoleon Bonaparte.
by Timothy Patrick O'Hara
784. Good morning,
I am the great great grandson of Columbus Washington O'Hara of Alabama. We are trying to find out more about him. Any information you could share would be helpful.
Thank you, Kevin T. O'Hara
by Kevin Thomas O'Hara
791. I'm seeking to learn about my great grandfather O'Hara. His father's name was Black Paddy O'Hara and his son my grandfather was Patrick John O'Hara born first generation in USA in New York. Black Paddy's father was named Anthony O'Hara. If you have read this far, much thanks.
by Francis X. O'Hara
793. Hi to all! My name is Patricia O'Hara and am looking for information on my great grandparents who came from Ireland/England and settled in Wilkesbarre Pa, sometime in late 1800’s. They had 12 children, my grandfather James P O'Hara was the youngest. His family ran a general store , I think on Washington Street next to their house.
This is a great site!! Thanks for starting this.
by Patricia (pohara) O'Hara
794. Hello, my name is Cesar O'Hara, son of Arsenio O'Hara, son of John O'Hara, son of Patrick O'Hara, I am looking for information about my great grandfather, PATRICK O'HARA. I have a document which says that he was born on May 23, 1859 in Ireland, and emigrated to the United States on April 22, 1892, and died aged 81.
He had a daughter named MARY DEASY and he lived in New York
by Cesar O'Hara
796. I'm Jennifer O'Hara from Boston mass. My father was John Bradley O'Hara. He started and ran F.J. O’Haras & Sons in Boston. I don't know much about his father's family and would love to find anything out and meet other O'Haras!
by Jennifer O'Hara
799. My maiden name is Danielle Marie O'Hara (now Murphy) daughter of Jeffrey William O'Hara from Newington, CT. My father’s dad was Robert William "Bob" O'Hara born in Waterbury, CT and was in the WWII in the United States Army. I am looking for more information on my lineage.
by Danielle O'Hara Murphy
800. Hello lads and lasses. My name is John David O'Hara currently living in beautiful New Mexico USA . My father was James O'Hara the musician from the 50's band using harmonicas. My great Grandfather Mickey stowed away on a boat from Ireland to the US in 1870's and married an American thus bringing my family to this country . The only information before that is he was possibly from county Cork or another nearby county in southern Ireland anyone who has information please contact me.
by John David O'Hara
801. Hello O'Hara rellies, I'm the grand daughter of Ruben Rolland O'Hara of Princeton, KY.
by Kate O'Hara
803. I see my cousin Tricia posted on here [on March 30, 2015 (note 753)]. Our great great GF is Michael O'Hara from Longford, Ireland (Killoe Parish). He settled in New Orleans, Louisiana in the Irish Channel. His son John is my GF's father and his son Robert is my grandfather.
by Karen O'Hara
804. I would like to contact a Brendan O’Hara from Melbourne, AU, re Joseph and Margaret O’Hara (nee Carroll). I received a message from him which referred me to this site. He was looking for any information on Joseph and Margaret O’Hara's arrival in Melbourne around 1860. I have been chasing the same information for 40 years. Our tree goes back to Thomas O’Hara (1750) from Rush, Dublin. Details can be found in my two previous messages at this site, namely Messages no. 707 (April 23, 2013) and no. 750 (March 7, 2015) at this site. Any assistance, thoughts or ideas, would be gracefully accepted. William (Bill) O'Hara.
by William (Bill) O'Hara
805. I have been unsuccessful in tracing my O'Hara ancestry. My father is Gerald Joseph O'Hara born 1933 and deceased 1977. His father was Joseph Crawford O'Hara. I know that his dob is 12/18/1889 and that he was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylivania. He married young to Anna Volava or Volata and divorced young also. Had a daughter, Gladys from that marriage (lived in Indiana for a time). He married my grandmother, Angela Niebergall-O'Hara in Chicago where my Dad was born. Joseph's father was born in New York and his mother was born in Ireland. But I have been unable to learn anything more about who Joseph's parents were and their ancestry back to Ireland. It interesting that my DNA results showed a higher percentage of Scottish than Irish. If anyone can help make some kind of connection, it would be appreciated!
by Kathy O'Hara Gracyalny
808. Hello, everyone! I live in Arkansas, and my branch of the O'Haras fled Ireland during the Potato Famine. They lived in Killeedy South in County Limerick, but I've only traced as far back as my 4th great grandfather, Bryan O'Harra, who was born in 1792. If anyone knows about O'Haras from Limerick, I would love if you could reach out! I hope everyone has a great day.
by Logan Connor O'Hara
809. Hola, saludos a todos los O’Hara, soy de Honduras, estoy en busca de información de los descendientes de PATRICK Henry (pack) O’Hara ya sea en Irlanda y Estados Unidos, él era irlandés, nació en meath Irlanda el 26 diciembre de 1843, se casó con winifred winnie Collins, falleció el 3 de septiembre de 1929 en condado de el corpus, honduras, ellos llegaron a Estados Unidos y tenían seis hijos allí en Estados Unidos, y PATRICK dejó seis hijos también en honduras, una de las hijas vino a honduras de nombre Mary deasy , dejó una dirección en New York, 304 Hollywood, ave. Crestwood, si hay alguna información ó algún descendiente de ellos por favor contactarme, se los agradeceré. Atte, Ada O’Hara
by Ada O'Hara
810. Dia daoibh, everyone! I made an Entry in the Guestbook here in January 2022 (Message 808 above); this Letter is a more detailed follow-up to that guestbook entry.
by Logan Connor O'Hara
811. I just came across this website. I was born in Belfast Ireland, now living in Niagra Falls Ontario. My grand parents were O’Hare, Keenan and Macauley. All born Irish. It’s nice to know there are lots more O’Haras out there. God bless you all.
by Brendan O'Hara
813. Just started looking into our genealogy. I think I've correctly traced back to Colonel Charles Henry O'Hara of Antrim County--possibly of the Crebilly O'Hara's. I would like to be able to confirm this.
by Teresa O'Hara Bell
815. Any O'Hara families from the Foxford, County Mayo area??? Names like, Patrick, Michael, John, James.
by Maureen O'Hara [Moe O'Hara]
817. Good afternoon, James! It's been awhile, but I wanted to update you on something I've been working on! I've still been just as obsessed with the family and genealogy research, and I decided that I wanted to take a page out of your book and compile all of my information into a single place! This way, I can share it with my cousins and record all of the different media and resources that I've chanced upon, so that it's not just locked away in my mind.
I'm honestly pretty proud of what I've been able to discover, all in all! It's still nothing like being able to go to Ireland and see these places in person, but it also gives me a very helpful roadmap for when I am able to go there. I've got so many plans, which this little book helps to detail and describe! The information contained therein does go a bit beyond the scope of just the O'Hara family, and it's been a good place for me to collect all of the interesting stuff I've been able to learn over the past few months. I'm still working out the formatting and the arrangement of the information, but I would love for you to examine it! Please let me know what you think, or if there's any other items that you think should be adjusted or added.
I hope you and yours have been doing well! Someday, it would be so amazing to have a big and extended family reunion! And one of these days, hopefully sooner than later, I would love to finally be able to cross the Pond and settle in Ireland, permanently. I also work in hotels and love hospitality, so maybe I could snag myself a position at Annaghmore House! That would be a dream come true, honestly.
Link to: An Scéal í Eaghra (The O'Hara Story), Compiled by Logan O'Hara
by Logan Connor O'Hara
818. The O'Haras are an amazing bunch dating back some 3000 years and originally from Galicia, north west Spain and south west France. Although the Heagrah part is 12 century I believe. I always love to hear from any O'Haras worldwide.
by Will O'Hara
Top of page