List of Messages in the Database
Database index page
Contribute a message to be included in the database
by signing the Guest Book or sending a message
The O'Hara Guestbook
Letters to the Editor
Submit a Message
776. Hi, I have recently joined Ancestry.co.uk and am trying to construct a family tree. Does anyone know if the Carlow O'Haras came from the West. I was told Sligo. Im finding it very hard to get beyond 1859 in Carlow. Would appreciate any help.Thanks
by Kathleen (Katie) O'Hara
777. My O'Hara Family in Ireland - they were O'Hehir there but my uncles changed it to O'Hara when they were in the United States. I know my Great grandfather Micheal Hehir came from Ireland but now I'm stuck because I can't figure out the names of his parents in Ireland...
by Karla Allen
778. Hi! I am looking for information of my grandfather's family. He is Edward O'Hara (1920-2005) from Glasgow. He moved to the US as an adult. He had a sister Kathleen O'Hara Ward (1924-2009) who lived in Glasgow, and a brother Gerald O'Hara who died in WWII. His parents were Michael O'Hara and Catherine Buchanan, both of Glasgow but I have no information on them. Any information on Glasgow O'Haras would be greatly appreciated!
by Jennifer (Jen) Jurczak Caruso
779. My great-grandfather John O'Hara came from Killimore, Galway and was born in 1878. My great-great grandfather was James O'Hara born about 1850. His wife was Honoria Killackey. My great-great-great gandfather was Mathias O'Hara born about 1820. His wife was Margart Brenan. I believe this family spent time in Portumna, Kilemore and Taum. I think their home was somewhere in the middle of the those places. Their occupation was most likely carpenters/woodworkers. My great-grandfther John O'Hara, moved to the U.S. in 1899 and he settled in Rochester, NY. Other names associated with this family are: Kenney, Lawless, Killacky, Carolan, Larkin, Mooney. If you are connected or have information on the O'Hara's or Hara's from East Galway please feel free to email.
by Mary from Rochester
780. Hi my name is Sharron and I have been looking for my 3 great granddad John O'Hara for the last 7 years and still can not find any thing at all . Can any one shed any light on my John O'Hara he was born in Galway, Ireland in 1817 he then came to England and married Elizabeth Ives from Oxford then lived in Birmingham and had four children . Thomas O'Hara 1842. Lucy O'Hara 1844. Fredrick John O'Hara 1846. Elizabeth O'Hara 1850. John died in 1854 in Birmingham he was a tailor by trade and so was Elizabeth his wife . Elizabeth married again to Micheal Fitzsimmons in 1857 . Lucy O'Hara was my 2 x great grandmother. That is all I can find out. So if there is any one there that could shed any light I would be so grateful.Thank you so much even if you can not help me thank you for taking the time to read this.
by Sharron Allen
I was looking for help finding my birth mother. Her name is Colleen Lynn O'Hara who lived in Lombard, a village in DuPage County, Illinois. She was 22 years old on Aug 12 1973. I was born in Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Elmhurst, Illinois. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
by Michael Shulkin
782. Hi, my name is Mark Anthony Ira Harris Lunningham. My grandmother on my father's side told me we are part irish but my wife's family did some genealogy and my wife told me I'm an O'Hara from a David O'Hara (from 1790 or 1890). Do you think you can find proof?
by Mark Harris
Top of page