List of Messages in the Database
Database index page
Contribute a message to be included in the database
by signing the Guest Book or sending a message
The O'Hara Guestbook
Letters to the Editor
Submit a Message
601.Looking for O'Hara in Roscommon Ireland
Hi - I am from Illinois in the United States. I am looking for my grandmother's family in Roscommon, Ireland.
My grandma came to America when she was about 18 years old. She was born about 1904 and had an older brother named Lawerence. The only info I have is from a 1911 Ireland Census form that stated their address was House 9, Clegna Townland, Cootehall, Boyle, Co. Roscommon. Lawerence stayed in Ireland while my grandma came to Ameica. She ended up living in Chicago and getting married to a Michael Quinn from Galway, Ireland. I know Lawerence had a couple of kids. But, I have no idea if they are even still in the area. If anyone knows, please let me know.
by Patti Olson
602. O'Hara Irish Song, 1911
The following The following photos are words and music by Keller Mack and Frank Orth 1911, published by MACK and ORTH, Philadelphia, PA, 908 Walnut St.: Link
by Terrance O'Hara
603. Looking for parents of Abraham O'Hara, born in Canada in 1820. His father was from Ireland and mother from Canada.
by Madeleine O'Hara
604. The writer John H. O'Hara moved away from Pottsville, PA. I need to know when he did this. My deceased mother-in-law was a girl friend of his.Can anyone provide this?
by Mary Ann Carroll
605. PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY REAL FATHER MICHAEL ALFRED O'HARA. I NEVER SEE MY FATHER SINCE 35 YEARS. I HOPE YOU FIND HIM AND EMAIL ME BLUE_STAR_HEART_FOREVER@YAHOO.COM. I MISS HIM SO MUCH LONG TIME. I WANT SEE HIM SO BADLY. HE IS 64 YEARS OLD NOW. HE ALIVE OR DIED? WHO KNOW. JUST LET ME KNOW PLEASE. THANKS FOR UNDERSTAND.
by Timothy Michael O'Hara
606. John O'Hara and Glasgow Celtic Football Club
John was my mother Sarah O Hara's Grandfather. Her sister Anne taught at St Peter's Partick until she retired At the end of the Sixties.
See also previous messages about John O'Hara by: Michael O'Hara (= message 165) and Pauline Elliot (= message no. 390) 2011-02-07
by Margaret Browne
607. John O'Hara: Rochester, NY was my great-grandfather. Looking for other O'Hara people from Rochester that might have information about his wife Susan O'Hara.
by Mary Calianese
608. Searching for O'Hara's in Ballymeana, County Antrim
My grandmother was Esther O'Hara and as she was the only one who had children in her family and she died when my dad was young, We dont know much about the O'Hara external family apart from that they resided in Ballymeana, county Antrim, Ireland. Any information about families with the same name or similar names such as O'Hare or O'Gara would be usefull as my family have been trying to find information on the O'Haras for some time now.
D. G. Hughes
by D. G. Hughes
609. I am hoping to have a kilt made with the O'Hara Family Tartan. After an internet search I have conflicting Tartans, and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction? Thank you
by William O'Hara Jr.
610. Patrick O'Hara (c. 1710-1774)
Thank you for the website: Lists of Renowned O'Haras
Thought I’d add a little about Patrick O'Hara (c. 1710-1774) if you’re interested: Patrick O'Hara (Ancestry.com) and Patrick O'Hara (Biographia Navalis entry, 1797)
Just a thank you
by Brian Lewis
611. The Kelly / O'Hara Family
I have a Kelly/O'Hara website which traces a branch of the O'Hara line back to 1770 in Sligo/Roscommon.
You can have limited viewing. The address: http://michaelkelly.tribalpages.com/
by Michael Kelly
612. Hello - I am looking for Debbie O'Hara from Belfast. She used to come to the United States during the summer and stay with my family in New Jersey.
by Jennifer McEvoy
613. John O'Hara was born in Ireland (1851)
Hello, I am Stephen C. O’Hara.
After searching for info in America I found out that John O’Hara was born in Ireland @1851. He married Eliza J. Unknown who was born in Ireland @ 1852. John and Eliza arrived in the U.S. @1880. So I am trying to find out more info of the O’Hara’s. So if you can find out anything, please let me know.
by Stephen C. O’Hara
614. My great grandfather John Patrick O'Hara
I came across a message from a George Hesse dated June 5, 2007:
Searchimg my great grandfather John Patrick O'Hara's genealogy or Message 402
We have the same grandparents and I wish to contact him. I have been unable to do so at the email address given. Is there a new email adress to contact him?
Thanks so much.
Myrtle Joyce O'Hara
by Myrtle Joyce O'Hara
615. Catherine O'Hara and Rev Michael O'Hara
Looking for info on Catherine O'Hara, born circa 1755-1765, lived in/near Newport Co Mayo, married Francis O'Donel/O'Donnell.
Looking info on Rev Michael O'Hara, working in Newport/Newport Pratt, County Mayo, 1785. What church was he in?
Good site, thanks anyway.
by Ralph O'Donel
616. Hello my name is P. O'Hara from Midlesbrough, England. My daughter is Scarlett O'Hara.
by P. O'Hara
617. My ggg-grandfather, James O'Hara, born in Philadelphia on 15 Oct 1799
My ggg-grandfather, James O'Hara, was born in Phila, PA on 15 Oct 1799. I am searching for his father, Stephen O'Hara, who immigrated to US prior to his birth. Family stories indicate he came from Ireland with two brothers. James brother was Henry.
Any help would be appreciated.
Maureen O'Hara Warick
by Maureen O'Hara Warick
618. Hi, my name is Henry T. O'Hara FCA born Dublin 1952. Father's name was Nicholas A. O'Hara from Ballymacurley Co. Roscommon where my grandfather Henry O'Hara was born and was a farmer. I am looking for family prior to 1876, or earlier.
by Henry Thomas O'Hara
619. I would like to know if this is a page about, different O'Haras and their place in history. My grandfather was a CFL football player for two Canadian teams - The Ottawa Rough riders and Hamilton Tiger Cats and is found in the football hall of fame.
by Sean O'Hara
620.Revisiting the O'Hara site
It's grown so much since the last time I posted in 2005. Well, I just wanted to update my family tree:
Cody Tyler Ohara age: 8, Kailyn Therese Ohara age: 3, Kaeden Arturo Ohara age: 1
Quinn M. O'Hara
first message (= message 276)
by Quinn M. O'Hara
621. Does anyone know of a Robert Henry O'Hara that was married to a Lois Jeanne Stephens in California in the 50's. He was my father though I didn't know him. She was my mother and was from Chico Calif born in 1930. Would like to know if I have any relatives in this world. Thanks.
by David Lee O'Hara
622. John O'Hara — Founder of Glasgow Celtic FC — A Commemoration
John O'Hara worked with Brother Walfrid, John Glass, John McLaughlin, James McKay and others in the formation of Celtic FC and went on to sign the first players, mainly from Edinburgh Hibernians.
Hailing from Greysteel, Co Derry, John remained a director of Celtic until his death on 29 May 1905. Now, on the anniversary of his death, the extended O'Hara family plan a commemoration and celebration of his life, with the unveiling of a long overdue headstone at his place of rest, St Peter's Cemetery, Dalbeth .
A brief ceremony at the graveside will be followed by a special gathering at Celtic Park on Sunday 29 May.
Everyone connected with the O'Hara family, as well as members of the wider Celtic family, are warmly welcomed and we'd be delighted if you can join us on the day.
Friends and family are already confirmed from as far afield as USA, Australia, Ireland and even Denny, Stirlingshire, so we plan for a memorable day:
Sunday 29 May 2011 4pm at St Peter's Dalbeth
Thereafter to the Number 7 restaurant at Celtic Park for a festive meal and entertainment. Ticket donations for the function are £20 and £10 for students and pensioners.
To reserve tickets, please email Michael O'Hara at firstname.lastname@example.org soonest, stating names. We hope to fully accommodate all friends and family, but please reply soonest as there is a limited capacity in the Number 7.
On behalf of the O'Hara family, I very much look forward to your company,
by Michael O'Hara
623. Could anybody point me in the right direction to purchace a o'hara clan kilt?
by Shaun Joseph O'Hara
624. Hi, I am looking for Jim o'Hara from Rochester that came to San Diego during the summer of 1971, my name at the time was Debbie Taylor. Any info is appreciated, Thanks.
by Debra Taylor
625. I am looking for my gg grandparents, Paddy and Honor (Fodey) O'Hara, who would have been born around 1850-60 in Sligo, Ireland-possibly Kilglass. My g grandfather, Michael Joseph O'Hara (b. 1879 in Sligo), married Catherine "Kate" Murray (b. 1883 in Sligo), in Glasgow,Scotland in 1905. Michael & Kate lived on Queen St in Govan, Glasgow until 1925. Kate had a second cousin named Peter McGowan, who also lived on Queen Street in Govan in 1925. They and their children moved to New York in 1924-25, eventually settling in North Plainfield, NJ. I know Michael had a brother in Ireland, named Tommy b. 1898-99, also Patrick, who came to New York before Michael. He also had four sisters in Youngstown, OH. One of them may have been named Delia. Also, we have an ancestor named Val O'Hara that still lived in the original homestead in Sligo when my Aunts and Uncles visited in the 1980s. If you have any information to help me piece together more of my family history, I would appreciate it.
by Erin O'Hara Patrick
Top of page