List of Messages in the Database
Database index page
Contribute a message to be included in the database
by signing the Guest Book or sending a message
The O'Hara Guestbook
Letters to the Editor
Submit a Message
801. Hello O'Hara rellies, I'm the grand daughter of Ruben Rolland O'Hara of Princeton, KY.
by Kate O'Hara
802. Hi, Its a long shot, as I don't have a lot of detail. I am looking for information about by Great great great Granddad ; James O'Hara born in "Ireland" circa 1817, who married Hannah in England. First appears in 1851 census in Kingsbury, Staffs, UK. passed away 9/10/64 in Over Whitacre [Warwickshire]. Can any body help? Regards Dave.
by Dave Glover
803. I see my cousin Tricia posted on here [on March 30, 2015 (note 753)]. Our great great GF is Michael O'Hara from Longford, Ireland (Killoe Parish). He settled in New Orleans, Louisiana in the Irish Channel. His son John is my GF's father and his son Robert is my grandfather.
by Karen O'Hara
804. I would like to contact a Brendan O’Hara from Melbourne, AU, re Joseph and Margaret O’Hara (nee Carroll). I received a message from him which referred me to this site. He was looking for any information on Joseph and Margaret O’Hara's arrival in Melbourne around 1860. I have been chasing the same information for 40 years. Our tree goes back to Thomas O’Hara (1750) from Rush, Dublin. Details can be found in my two previous messages at this site, namely Messages no. 707 (April 23, 2013) and no. 750 (March 7, 2015) at this site. Any assistance, thoughts or ideas, would be gracefully accepted. William (Bill) O'Hara.
by William (Bill) O'Hara
805. I have been unsuccessful in tracing my O'Hara ancestry. My father is Gerald Joseph O'Hara born 1933 and deceased 1977. His father was Joseph Crawford O'Hara. I know that his dob is 12/18/1889 and that he was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylivania. He married young to Anna Volava or Volata and divorced young also. Had a daughter, Gladys from that marriage (lived in Indiana for a time). He married my grandmother, Angela Niebergall-O'Hara in Chicago where my Dad was born. Joseph's father was born in New York and his mother was born in Ireland. But I have been unable to learn anything more about who Joseph's parents were and their ancestry back to Ireland. It interesting that my DNA results showed a higher percentage of Scottish than Irish. If anyone can help make some kind of connection, it would be appreciated!
by Kathy O'Hara Gracyalny
806. My grandfather on my father’s side of my family was actually my step grandfather. His name was Edward O’Hara an immigrant from Ireland. He married Iva O. Baldwin (possibly related to the Vanderbilt Family). Edward was a dairy farmer. They lived in Little Falls, NY. As a child I visited in the summer. The names associated with my grandparents that lived nearby were Anna, Mary, Frank, Ray ?, and my playmates, Maureen, Aileen, Monica and Theresa. Those girls had the O’Hara last name but I never knew who their parents were. I think Anna and Mary were their aunts. There was a teenage cousin named Charles, handsome with curly black hair, he had a pretty sister also. His parents might have been Marian and John O’Hara. When I was 9 years old my parents and I (the Purdy’s) moved to Fl. I missed my NY ‘family’ that lived ‘on the farm’ near Utica, NY. The 40s and 50s time period.
PS. My step grandfather was Edward O’Hara. While I did not find information about him, I did find Theresa Van Allen’s name there. She was an O’Hara who lived at the dairy farm and was my friend and playmate. I visited her in the 1990’s. Such a sweet lady she is. My quest has been to find out more about Edward, just curious. I know he and my grandmother (not Irish) have long since died but I have some Irish DNA so have interest in Ireland.
by Karen Purdy Stanley
807. Is there information on Mary Ellen O'Hara? She would be be my paternal great grandmother. She was born in 1863 in Ontario, and was married to John James Mooney, who passed in 1893. They had one son, my grandfather, John Edward Mooney. Thank you, Michele [O'Hara?].
by Michele [O'Hara?]
808. Hello, everyone! I live in Arkansas, and my branch of the O'Haras fled Ireland during the Potato Famine. They lived in Killeedy South in County Limerick, but I've only traced as far back as my 4th great grandfather, Bryan O'Harra, who was born in 1792. If anyone knows about O'Haras from Limerick, I would love if you could reach out! I hope everyone has a great day.
by Logan Connor O'Hara
Top of page